Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Johnny Rosenberg <gu...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/01 00:43:06 UTC

Re: Help!

> On Wed, 31 Dec 2014 16:00:58 -0500
> Eleanor Lawrie <el...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I have used Open Office for over 2 years now, and am experiencing for the
> > second time the Error that pops up saying 'This operation requires
> > elevation'
> >
> > Today I uninstalled the Open Office and reinstalled, and clicked on
> 'anyone
> > using this computer' and I still can't open my documents.
> >
> > I can't understand any of the long descriptions to solve this on the
> > website forum. I can't see any sense in the User Account Controls
> questions
> > or options.
> >
> > Please give me a simple solution. If there is no such thing I will have
> > start using another word system, or pay for Windows!!
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Eleanor Lawrie
>
> This is a Windows problem - you need to change the permissions applied to
> OpenOffice and the OpenOffice files; you should consult a Windows Forum
> fore more directed help.

The OP said ”or pay for Windows”. I took it that the OP doesn't use Windows
now.

Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg
ジョニー・ローゼンバーグ

Re: Help!

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Thu, 1 Jan 2015 04:10:59 +0000
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie> wrote:

> On Thu, 1 Jan 2015 00:43:06 +0100
> Johnny Rosenberg <gu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > 'anyone

> > > questions

> > > This is a Windows problem - you need to change the permissions applied to
> > > OpenOffice and the OpenOffice files; you should consult a Windows Forum
> > > fore more directed help.
> > >

> > The OP said ”or pay for Windows”. I took it that the OP doesn't use Windows
> > now.
> >

> > Kind regards
> >
> > Johnny Rosenberg
> > ジョニー・ローゼンバーグ
> >

> I took it that the phrase "or pay for Windows" meant "purchase MS Office for Windows".
>
> In a subsequent private email I have recommended deleting or renaming the OpenOffice User Profile as outlined in
> https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=12426

IK made a mistake in my earlier posting (it is the middle of the night here!).  My recommendation of deleting the OO User Profile was made to another case I am dealing with.

In this case ("requires elevation") the solution lies in adjusting the user's rights applied by Windows 7 or 8. As I don't use such recent versions of Windows I can give no guidance based on my own knowledge, hence my recommendation to seek for help on a Windows Forum.

Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

Re: Help!

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Thu, 1 Jan 2015 00:43:06 +0100