Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Giannis Tsakiris <gi...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/24 20:04:19 UTC

Unable to set things up...

Hello everyone,
I'm very novice in Java programming and I'm trying to write a small program
that will do some XSLT transforms with Xalan. I downloaded the
xalan-j_2_7_0-bin.zip file and I copied all the *.jar files in my C:\Program
Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\lib\ext folder (I'm using WinXP). But now I'm trying
to run a simple example I found and I get this compile-time error (in
Eclipse):
"org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTProcessor cannot be resolved to a type"
Can you please tell me what I do wrong?
thank you,
Giannis

Re: Unable to set things up...

Posted by Henry Zongaro <zo...@ca.ibm.com>.
Hi, Giannis.

"Giannis Tsakiris" <gi...@gmail.com> wrote on 2006-06-24
02:04:19 PM:
> But now I'm trying to run a simple example I found and I get this
> compile-time error (in Eclipse):
> "org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTProcessor cannot be resolved to a type"

The org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTProcessor class no longer exists.  It was
part of the original API for using the Xalan-J Interpretive processor, but
that API was deprecated and eventually withdrawn when the JAXP Transform
API was approved by the Java Community Process.

See [1] for basic usage information for the Transform API.  See [2] for
the detailed specification of the JAXP APIs.

Thanks,

Henry
[1] http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/usagepatterns.html#basic
[2] http://java.sun.com/xml/downloads/jaxp.html
Henry Zongaro      XSLT Processors Development
mailto:zongaro@ca.ibm.com