Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Le Xu <sh...@gmail.com> on 2022/03/03 05:31:45 UTC

Customizing backpressure mechanism for RichParallelSourceFunction

Hello!

I have a dataflow pipeline built using Flink's RichParallelSourceFunction
as parallel sources. I'm wondering if there are any mechanisms that I could
use to implement *ack-based* back-pressure mechanism by sending ACK
messages from operators (within the runtime) to source functions to achieve
user-level back-pressure mechanisms? I understand that Flink uses flow
control to perform back pressure internally but I'd like to check whether
it is possible at all to send any events from operator to sources.

Thanks in advance!

Le

Re: Customizing backpressure mechanism for RichParallelSourceFunction

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.
It's not possible to send events to sources; data only flows in 1 direction.