Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/05 10:41:25 UTC

Creating partitions (Studio M10, ApacheDS 23)

Hi all

In a new setup I am using Studio M10 against ApacheDS M23 on ubuntu 32 bit
with openjdk-7-jdk

When I want to add a new partition (with Studio) I get the following error
on save:

Unable to save configuration.

 - Changes could not be saved to the connection.

java.lang.Exception: Changes could not be saved to the connection.

at
org.apache.directory.studio.apacheds.configuration.editor.ServerConfigurationEditorUtils.saveConfiguration(ServerConfigurationEditorUtils.java:370)

at
org.apache.directory.studio.apacheds.configuration.jobs.SaveConfigurationRunnable.run(SaveConfigurationRunnable.java:109)

at
org.apache.directory.studio.common.core.jobs.StudioJob.run(StudioJob.java:85)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

Changes could not be saved to the connection.

Does this warrant an issue? Is this a Studio issue or a ApacheDS issue?

And, is there a workaround?

Pierre Smits

ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>
OFBiz based solutions & services

OFBiz Extensions Marketplace
http://oem.ofbizci.net/oci-2/

Re: Creating partitions (Studio M10, ApacheDS 23)

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Stefan, all,

I agree, the naming conventions of the .deb and .dmg files should resemble
that of the other files (including the version). And indeed, the cocoa
versions seem to be superseded by the .dmg variant.

Best regards,

Re: Studio M11 Windows Installer Test Result, was: Creating partitions (Studio M10, ApacheDS 23)

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Le 06/08/16 � 19:34, Stefan Seelmann a �crit :
> On 08/05/2016 07:33 PM, Stefan Seelmann wrote:
>> On 08/05/2016 03:56 PM, Emmanuel L�charny wrote:
>>> You can try the latest version using one of the installers :
>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/directory/studio/2.0.0.v20160717-M11/
>> May I ask what is missing? Should I test the installers? I think we
>> should rename the (espcially deb and dmg) to follow the same naming
>> schema? Also if we have a dmg I guess the macosx.tar.gz is no longer
>> required.
> I tested the Windows 64bit installer. The start menu entry doesn't work,
> the shortcut is points to "C:\Program Files\Apache Directory
> Studio\Apache Directory Studio.exe" (note the spaces in the .exe) while
> the actual executable is called "ApacheDirectoryStudio.exe" without
> spaces. But direct execution of executable works fine.

Sorry for having been MIA for 2 weeks, I was quite busy aside.

I'll cut a new installer for windows that fix asap.

Thanks Stefan !

Re: Studio M11 Windows Installer Test Result, was: Creating partitions (Studio M10, ApacheDS 23)

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Aug 11, 2016 at 1:40 PM, Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Le 06/08/16 à 19:34, Stefan Seelmann a écrit :
> 0.v20160717-M11/
> >> May I ask what is missing? Should I test the installers? I think we
> >> should rename the (espcially deb and dmg) to follow the same naming
> >> schema? Also if we have a dmg I guess the macosx.tar.gz is no longer
> >> required.
> > I tested the Windows 64bit installer. The start menu entry doesn't work,
> > the shortcut is points to "C:\Program Files\Apache Directory
> > Studio\Apache Directory Studio.exe" (note the spaces in the .exe) while
> > the actual executable is called "ApacheDirectoryStudio.exe" without
> > spaces. But direct execution of executable works fine.
> Would it be enough to change this line :
>
>        <launcher name="ApacheDirectoryStudio">

>        <launcher name="Apache Directory Studio">
>
> in the org.apache.directory.studio.product file to solve this issue ?
>
> (sorry, I can't test on a windows machoine, I don't have any, nor do I
> have a VM with windows atm...°

I can be your assistant to do this :) just commit or send me the patch

Kiran Ayyagari

Re: Studio M11 Windows Installer Test Result, was: Creating partitions (Studio M10, ApacheDS 23)

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Le 26/08/16 � 23:02, Stefan Seelmann a �crit :
> On 08/12/2016 08:37 PM, Stefan Seelmann wrote:
>> On 08/11/2016 10:10 AM, Emmanuel L�charny wrote:
>>> Le 06/08/16 � 19:34, Stefan Seelmann a �crit :
>>> Would it be enough to change this line :
>>>
>>>        <launcher name="ApacheDirectoryStudio">

>>>        <launcher name="Apache Directory Studio">
>>>
>>> in the org.apache.directory.studio.product file to solve this issue ?
>> Probably yes, but then also for Mac and Linux the executables include
>> spaces, which should not be a problem.
>>
>> Another option would probably be to change the names in
>> windows_installer.nsi (at least CreateShortCut)
>>
>> I choosed to write it without space to have consistent naming of the
>> executable, the parent folder, and the archive (zip or tgz).
> In http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=1757922&view=rev I replaced all
> occurrences of "Apache Directory Studio" with "ApacheDirectoryStudio"
> (without spaces). Maybe one can try again to generate the Windows
> installers? Probably the commit needs to be merged into the release
> branch/tag. I'll test then again in my Windows VM.

I'll do that. I guess we have to kill the tagged version and create a
new one.

Sorry for having been MIA the last two weeks, a lot to do beside and a
kind of fatigue that will be cured by some vacations ;-)

Re: Studio M11 Windows Installer Test Result, was: Creating partitions (Studio M10, ApacheDS 23)

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
As I am working with a Mac, I used the

   - ApacheDirectoryStudio.dmg
   <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/directory/studio/2.0.0.v20160717-M11/ApacheDirectoryStudio.dmg>

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Le 05/08/16 � 16:44, Pierre Smits a �crit :

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Emmanuel,

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Le 05/08/16 � 12:41, Pierre Smits a �crit :