Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Raymond Auge <ra...@liferay.com> on 2018/10/17 14:45:28 UTC

sha512

Hey everyone,

We really need to fix the build to do sha512 and remove MD5.

Anyone know the magic or can point me to an example where this is
configured I'd appreciate it.

 (@rotty3000)
 (@Liferay)

Re: sha512

Posted by Raymond Auge <ra...@liferay.com>.
One last thing, should the sha512 only be generated on the source-release
tarball and zips?

Just want to make sure. Traditionally Apache Felix listed the checksums on
the website. But if we don't have the checksums for the artifacts we can't
do that anymore unless we generated them manually.

- Ray

 (@rotty3000)
 (@Liferay)

Re: sha512

Posted by Konrad Windszus <ko...@gmx.de>.

Re: sha512

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 8:24 AM Konrad Windszus <ko...@gmx.de> wrote:
> ...Also compare with https://maven.apache.org/developers/release/maven-project-release-procedure.html.
> This is currently a process decoupled from the staging repo unfortunately...

I haven't followed all the details but I think
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-14923 can get in the way.

Note that http://www.apache.org/dev/release-distribution#sigs-and-sums
now says SHOULD supply sha-512 and SHOULD NOT supply md5.

IIUC those requirements have been relaxed from MUST to SHOULD for now
as the tooling is not fully in place depending on your release
process. Which means it's fine to postpone those changes until the
tooling is here, if that makes things easier.

-Bertrand

Re: sha512

Posted by Konrad Windszus <ko...@gmx.de>.
The latter. Also compare with https://maven.apache.org/developers/release/maven-project-release-procedure.html. This is currently a process decoupled from the staging repo unfortunately.