Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> on 2012/01/20 20:02:49 UTC

[VOTE] HttpComponents Core 4.2-beta1 release based on RC1

Please vote on releasing these packages as HttpComponents Core
4.2-beta1. The vote is open for the at least 72 hours, and only votes
from HttpComponents PMC members are binding. The vote passes if at least
three binding +1 votes are cast and there are more +1 than -1 votes.

Packages:
http://people.apache.org/~olegk/httpcore-4.2-beta1-RC1/

Release notes:
http://people.apache.org/~olegk/httpcore-4.2-beta1-RC1/RELEASE_NOTES.txt

Maven artefacts:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehttpcomponents-114/org/apache/httpcomponents/

SVN tag:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/httpcore/tags/4.2-beta1-RC1/

Release called off; Re: [VOTE] HttpComponents Core 4.2-beta1 release based on RC1

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
I am calling off the release to fix issues found by Sebastian and to try
to fix HTTPCORE-291

Oleg

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 20 January 2012 19:02, Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
> Please vote on releasing these packages as HttpComponents Core
> 4.2-beta1. The vote is open for the at least 72 hours, and only votes
> from HttpComponents PMC members are binding. The vote passes if at least
> three binding +1 votes are cast and there are more +1 than -1 votes.
>
> Packages:
> http://people.apache.org/~olegk/httpcore-4.2-beta1-RC1/
>
> Release notes:
> http://people.apache.org/~olegk/httpcore-4.2-beta1-RC1/RELEASE_NOTES.txt
>
> Maven artefacts:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehttpcomponents-114/org/apache/httpcomponents/

Looks like the code was built from trunk, rather than a clean checkout
of the tag, as the jar manifest contains:

Implementation-Build: trunk@r1233840; 2012-01-20 19:28:46+0100

This also means that the file bin.xml in the source archive does not
agree with the tag, as the $HeadURL: entries are different.

Sorry, but this means I vote

-1

Otherwise, the RC looks OK, so respinning from a checkout of the tag
should be sufficient.
No need to retag, but please include the hashes of the artifacts in
the e-mail so we can distinguish the different vote threads.
It's a good idea to include the hashes anyway - easier to prove that
the released artifacts are the ones voted on, should the need arise.