Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Leo Sutic <le...@inspireinfrastructure.com> on 2004/01/26 20:59:56 UTC

ASF License 2.0 applied to all framework sources.

I haven't modified the LICENSE.txt file, because I'm not yet
sure how the paragraph:

  4. The  names   "Apache",   "Avalon",  "Excalibur",  "Fortress",
"Phoenix",
     "Merlin" and "Apache Software Foundation" must not be used  to
endorse or
     promote  products  derived  from  this  software  without  prior
written
     permission.  For written permission, please contact
apache@apache.org.

Translates into a NOTICE file.

/LS

Re: ASF License 2.0 applied to all framework sources.

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.
Leo Sutic wrote:
> I haven't modified the LICENSE.txt file, because I'm not yet
> sure how the paragraph:
>
>   4. The  names   "Apache",   "Avalon",  "Excalibur",  "Fortress",
> "Phoenix",
>      "Merlin" and "Apache Software Foundation" must not be used  to
> endorse or
>      promote  products  derived  from  this  software  without  prior
> written
>      permission.  For written permission, please contact
> apache@apache.org.
>
> Translates into a NOTICE file.

Same question here.  My immediate assumption is that the NOTICE file
could contain the following:

   The  names   "Apache",   "Avalon",  "Excalibur",  "Fortress",
   "Phoenix", "Merlin" and "Apache Software Foundation" must not be
   used  to endorse or promote  products  derived  from  this
   software  without  prior written permission.  For written
   permission, please contact pmc@avalon.apache.org.

Stephen.