Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by DeGee <de...@hotmail.com> on 2007/04/17 04:57:10 UTC

Assembly not having Strong name.

Hi guys,

I downloaded the Spring.Messaging.NMS package
(Spring.Messaging.Nms-20070320-1632.zip) and tried to register the dlls into
the registry. I could not do so as the following dlls were not strongly
named.

ActiveMQ.dll
NMS.dll
Spring.AOP.dll
Spring.Core.dll
Spring.Data.dll

I am running VS2005 and .net Framework 2.0.

Can anyone give sugguestion on how to resolve the issue please? Any help
will greatly appreciated.

Regards
DeGee

Re: Assembly not having Strong name.

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 4/18/07, Oleg Deribas <th...@td.selfip.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> James Strachan said the following on 18.04.2007 12:31:
>
> > Anyone fancy volunteering to hack the NAnt scripts to support Strong Names?
>
> I could try to do that.
>
> And, I think, that according to assembly naming guidelines:
> http://blogs.msdn.com/brada/archive/2003/04/19/49992.aspx
>
> ActiveMQ.dll
> NMS.dll
>
> should be something like:
>
> Apache.ActiveMQ.dll
> Apache.NMS.dll

Good point :)

How about we work on a 1.0 release of NMS today as things stand ASAP;
then in parallel we work towards a 1.1 release with properly named
assemblies with strong names etc?

--

James
-------

Re: Assembly not having Strong name.

Posted by Oleg Deribas <th...@td.selfip.net>.
Hello,

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.

On 4/18/07, DeGee <de...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> My problem is that I have a .net project that uses strong named assemblies.
> When I try to import the ActiveMQ NMS assembly, it fails because the
> assemblies supplied were not strongly named.
>
> There are reference assemblies in the package that do not come with source
> codes and are not strongly named, thus when I attempt to create a strongly
> named assembly given the source codes, the build failed.
>
> I am also not able to register the assembly manually using regasm and
> gacutil. I have also tried to convert the dlls to strongly named using
> ildasm and ilasm but without success.
>
> Yup that's the crux of my problem.
>
> Thanks :)
>
> Oleg Deribas-5 wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > Hiram Chirino said the following on 17.04.2007 17:55:
> >
> >> What does that mean?  How does an assembly get strongly named?
> >
> > There is good explanation here:
> > http://www.codeproject.com/dotnet/StrongNameExplained.asp
> >
> > --
> > Oleg

James
-------

Posted by DeGee <de...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Oleg Deribas <th...@td.selfip.net>.
Hello,

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.

On 4/16/07, DeGee <de...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I downloaded the Spring.Messaging.NMS package
> (Spring.Messaging.Nms-20070320-1632.zip) and tried to register the dlls into
> the registry. I could not do so as the following dlls were not strongly
> named.
>
> ActiveMQ.dll
> NMS.dll
> Spring.AOP.dll
> Spring.Core.dll
> Spring.Data.dll
>
> I am running VS2005 and .net Framework 2.0.
>
> Can anyone give sugguestion on how to resolve the issue please? Any help
> will greatly appreciated.
>
> Regards
> DeGee

Hiram