Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Andy Chu <an...@gmail.com> on 2005/06/17 06:12:56 UTC

How to reload a page without submit it ?

I am now implementing a ClosePopup page to close the current popup window
and reload its opener by the following the javascript statements:

window.opener.location.reload(true);
window.close();

Please consider this case:

1. A user submit something in the main page;
2. The user activates the popup window and does something;
3. The user submits the popup window and goes to the ClosePopup page;
*4. The main page is reloading, but a confirmation box of weather re-post
the old data pops up.

How can I reload the main page but not trigger any submission to the main
page ?

--
我是天空裡的一片雲
偶爾投影在妳的波心

----偶然.徐志摩

Re: How to reload a page without submit it ?

Posted by ty renner <my...@gmail.com>.
instead of window.opener.location.reload(true);

try this

window.opener.document.forms[0].submit();

This should not give you the confirmation box before the page loads.
Is that what you needed?

Ty