Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Michael Homeijer <M....@devote.nl> on 2001/04/13 15:57:18 UTC

XMLFragmentBase

The Cocoon 1 website mentions an XMLFragmentBase class to simplify migration
from Cocoon 1 to Cocoon 2, when use is made of XMLFragments or XObject.
Has anyone allready built this class?

If not, what kind of code should I write to accomplish the same (see also
http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/xmlfragment.html on the bottom of the page)

TIA,

Michael

Re: [C2] Sitemap redirect bug or feature?

Posted by "Piroumian, Konstantin" <KP...@flagship.ru>.
> > > That's a question for your servlet container vendor.  I can tell you
this:
> > > the official Servlet 2.3 spec states that the redirect to "/" goes to
the
> > > server root, not the context root.
> >
> > Is that so? It's interesting, in what case it may be useful...
>
> From what I understand, the debate was heated.  However, I think the
> reasoning is that some companies want the freedom to separate their
> web enabled processes to separate contexts.  In that environment,
> if redirect to "/" goes to the context root, then it is impossible
> to automatically send someone to a related process that is in a
> separate context.

Ok, thank you for the explanation.

> Personally, I can understand the arguments from both sides, and managing
> URI space is very difficult.  In Cocoon 2, it becomes much easier, and
> we have implemented the concept of sub-sitemaps.  You can place cocoon
> as your root context, and let it handle all the redirects.
>
> But unfortunately, not everyone is using Cocoon :(

Sub-sitemaps? Where I can learn more about it? I thought about similar
possibility before - to use Cocoon as default handler for all *.xsp
requests, but couldn't find any sample of such usage.

> > > It may be something where we might create a convenience to redirect
> > relative
> > > to a context.  I will propose something like this in the Cocoon
> > development
> > > list.
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > I'd prefer to have three options: relative to the current request path,
> > relative to context and the third one for compatibility with the Servlet
> > specification - relative to the server root.
>
> The way the servlet spec works is the redirect() will let you do the
following:

> Current URI (cocoon context):   http://localhost/cocoon/index.html
>
> Relative Path:   "foo/bar"       maps to "http://localhost/cocoon/foo/bar"
> Relative Path:   "../index.html" maps to "http://localhost/index.html"
> Absolute Path:   "/foo/bar"      maps to "http://localhost/foo/bar"
> Absolute URI:    "http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/cocoon2"  maps to that URI
>
> I proposed an additional way for Cocoon to react and that is:
>
> Context Path:   "context://foo/bar" maps to
"http://localhost/cocoon/foo/bar"
> Context Path:   "context://index.html" maps to
"http://localhost/cocoon/index.html"

> Is there anything else that you would need?

I think, that it will be quite enough for me and many others who have a
single web application (and one context), so they will need only context
redirects.
Maybe it'll be better to add an attribute to map:redirect-to?
<map:redirect-to root="context" uri="relative-to/context" />

Regards,
    Kot.

Re: [C2] Sitemap redirect bug or feature?

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.

Context Path:   "context://foo/bar" maps to "http://localhost/cocoon/foo/bar"
Context Path:   "context://index.html" maps to "http://localhost/cocoon/index.html"

Posted by "Piroumian, Konstantin" <KP...@flagship.ru>.

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Piroumian, Konstantin" <KP...@flagship.ru>.
Hello!

I noticed, that when I use <map:redirect-to> then it works not as I was
expecting. E.g. when I use an uri with a leading slash ( /search/file.xml)
then the request is redirected to the host root and not to the context root.
I mean:
context path - myapp (webapps/myapp)
sitemap entry:
<map:match pattern="search/client-search.xml">
  <map:redirect-to uri="/clients/clientlist.xml" />
</map:match>

request - http://localhost/myapp/search/client-search.xml
redirected to http://localhost/clients/clientlist.xml and not to the
http://localhost/myapp/clients/clientlist.xml

As you can see, the context path of my application is ignored.
Is that a bug or it was designed so?

Best regards,

Konstantin Piroumian
Software engineer