Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Jason Tesser <ja...@dotmarketing.com> on 2008/01/23 21:24:35 UTC

Backup and Dployment Model

I am planning on using the FSBundlePM and the Datastore.  I am curious one
if this is a recommended way to go?

2. I am curious how backups will work.  Can both the datastore and pm be
backed up without taking the app/repo down or will the files be locked?

Thanks,
Jason S. Tesser
Lead Programmer
www.dotmarketing.com
www.dotcms.org
Dotmarketing, Inc.
3059 Grand Avenue
Suite 440
Miami, FL 33133
T: 305.858.1422  x279
F: 786.594.5288

Re: Backup and Dployment Model

Posted by Thomas Mueller <th...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

> OK so what if you cluster and use the filesystem journal.  Can that be
> backed up safely if one or both servers in the cluster are up?

I'm not the expert on the cluster journal, but I think yes, because
the cluster journal is append-only.

Regards,
Thomas

Re: Backup and Dployment Model

Posted by Jason Tesser <ja...@dotmarketing.com>.
OK so what if you cluster and use the filesystem journal.  Can that be
backed up safely if one or both servers in the cluster are up?

<snip>

Posted by Thomas Mueller <th...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I'm not sure if you already read the docs at:
http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/PersistenceManagerFAQ
http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/DataStore

The BundleFsPersistenceManager is not atomic (currently, only the
BundleDbPersistenceManager  and SimpleDbPersistenceManager are), this
could be a problem if transactions are important for you.

Posted by Jason Tesser <ja...@dotmarketing.com>.
Anyone have any thoughts here :-)

--
Jason S. Tesser