Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Marc Walter <ma...@sbb.ch> on 2008/05/29 13:42:57 UTC

Project directory naming causes build failure

Hi,

I have got the following problem:

My project group consists of several projects (modules).
One of the projects build.xml is referring to a lib directory of another
project.
So when I execute the project's build I get an error message telling me that
the lib directory could not be found. Ant tries to look for the required
libraries in "PROJECT_NAME\lib" but Continuum named the appropriate
directory "27\lib".

My question is how can I configure Continuum to use the real project names
and not the project ids when creating subdirectories? Or is there any other
way to tell ant to look in 27\lib instead?

Thank you very much!

Re: Project directory naming causes build failure

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 4:42 AM, Marc Walter <ma...@sbb.ch> wrote:

> My question is how can I configure Continuum to use the real project names
> and not the project ids when creating subdirectories? Or is there any other
> way to tell ant to look in 27\lib instead?

Continuum is somewhat biased towards Maven, which expects projects to
build independently except for sharing artifacts through its
repositories.

As far as I know, the directory naming is not currently configurable.
I _thought_ I'd seen discussion or an issue about changing that,
(Brett?) but I don't see anything now.

--
Wendy

Re: Project directory naming causes build failure

Posted by Marc Walter <ma...@sbb.ch>.
I found a solution.

I configured Continuum (the cvs command) to check out all the subprojects as
one single project into the working directory. Now our build scripts work
fine because the subprojects keep their original names.

Greetings
Marc