Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Juhan Aasaru <aa...@gmail.com> on 2019/09/15 06:56:47 UTC

Fineract CN public Docker images are now available

Hi!

I have completed seting up public DockerHub images for all Fineract-CN
applications and also updated Docker-Compose scripts to run them. Docker
images are automatically built and uploaded to:
https://hub.docker.com/r/apache/fineract-cn-<projectname>

So if anyone wants to try out Fineract-CN at their own computer then there
is one command to start up Postgres, Cassandra ActiveMQ and another command
to start up a set of Fineract CN micro services like this:

docker-compose up provisioner-ms identity-ms office-ms customer-ms
accounting-ms fims-web-app

Documentation is here:
*
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FINERACT/DockerHub+images#DockerHubimages-RunningwithDockerCompose
* https://github.com/apache/fineract-cn-docker-compose

Thank you Awasum, Courage, Vishwas and Michael for all the help and
previous work.

Following repositories:
* https://github.com/openMF/fineract-cn-containers
* https://github.com/vishwasbabu/ProvisioningFineractCN
can now be archived as I have defeloped furter the work there and the
outcome is now available here:
https://github.com/apache/fineract-cn-docker-compose

Kind regards
Juhan

Re: Fineract CN public Docker images are now available

Posted by Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org>.
Juhan,

Sorry I missed this great announcement from your side while I was offline
in Africa. Thank you for all the hard work you put into this building on
top of the other efforts in the community.

Helping to address the ease of building and deploying Fineract CN was one
of the barriers we needed to address to help with evaluating and exploring
Fineract CN. With the work led by Isaac and Ebenezer on removing category x
dependencies and the work that Vishwas is spearheading around a
transactional account, we are getting closer to having an initial release
of Fineract CN with a functional MVP of a mobile wallet.

Ed

--
*Ed Cable*
President/CEO, Mifos Initiative

Re: Fineract CN public Docker images are now available

Posted by Vishwas Babu <vi...@confluxtechnologies.com>.

Posted by Niklas Uhrberg <Ni...@resurs.se>.
Thanks Ed!

I am in the starting phase of exploring Fineract and your contacts and competence may be very valuable in this endeavour. I will get back!

BR Niklas

[cid:image9125a8.PNG@3f51a10b.4bb40f63]
Niklas Uhrberg
Konsult
IT Development | Loans & Credit

Resurs Bank AB

Växel:  +46 42 38 20 00
E-post: Niklas.Uhrberg@resurs.se<ma...@resurs.se>
Webb:   www.resursbank.se<http://www.resursbank.se>

________________________________
Posted by Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org>.
Hello Niklas,

Posted by Niklas Uhrberg <Ni...@resurs.se>.
Thanks for the clarification, much appreciated!

BR Niklas

[cid:image905646.PNG@54155388.4c9c76b5]

Posted by Juhan Aasaru <aa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Niklas,

Posted by Niklas Uhrberg <Ni...@resurs.se>.
OK, sounds fine.

[cid:image7c11ee.PNG@90625653.4ab744f5]
[...]

[cid:16ddf46258e69ded4475]
Niklas Uhrberg
Konsult
IT Development | Loans & Credit

Resurs Bank AB

Växel:  +46 42 38 20 00
E-post: Niklas.Uhrberg@resurs.se<ma...@resurs.se>
Webb:   www.resursbank.se<http://www.resursbank.se>

________________________________
Great that you got a workaround in place for your issue.

You can find the details about what you can achieve (and what doesn't yet work) with current Postman scripts
from my recent mail to this list:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/%3CCAHLXaTTE-Nx1-m1LEuDcjZtOqV-OoP0Pmttdn8+i0zjBkwuzAg@mail.gmail.com%3E
From the mail you find what services need to be running.

As you will find out there are still bugs that don't let to provision the system fully.

Regards
Juhan

Kontakt Niklas Uhrberg (<Ni...@resurs.se>>) kirjutas kuupäeval R, 27. september 2019 kell 14:05:

OK, thanks.

I was able to reproduce the behaviour that the services with locations in the nginx.conf have to be up and running. Also, as you confirm, that I can start services individually using docker-compose.

I have been able to run some Postman requests and log in to fims-web-app using the mifos user. First goal achieved :=)

Question: What set of services must be running to complete all of the Postman requests?

BR Niklas

[cid:16ddf46258e7b8ae064]
[...]

[cid:16ddf46258ee954e5c43]
[...]

[cid:16ddf46258e8499ebde2]
[...]

[cid:16ddf46258de4b829e81]

Posted by Juhan Aasaru <aa...@gmail.com>.
Hi!

Posted by Niklas Uhrberg <Ni...@resurs.se>.
Great, thanks!

BR Niklas

[cid:image775dac.PNG@e8389d3a.42b5aeaf]
Niklas Uhrberg
Konsult
IT Development | Loans & Credit

Resurs Bank AB

Växel:  +46 42 38 20 00
E-post: Niklas.Uhrberg@resurs.se<ma...@resurs.se>
Webb:   www.resursbank.se<http://www.resursbank.se>

________________________________
Great that you got a workaround in place for your issue.

You can find the details about what you can achieve (and what doesn't yet work) with current Postman scripts
from my recent mail to this list:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/%3CCAHLXaTTE-Nx1-m1LEuDcjZtOqV-OoP0Pmttdn8+i0zjBkwuzAg@mail.gmail.com%3E
From the mail you find what services need to be running.

As you will find out there are still bugs that don't let to provision the system fully.

Regards
Juhan

Kontakt Niklas Uhrberg (<Ni...@resurs.se>>) kirjutas kuupäeval R, 27. september 2019 kell 14:05:

OK, thanks.

I was able to reproduce the behaviour that the services with locations in the nginx.conf have to be up and running. Also, as you confirm, that I can start services individually using docker-compose.

I have been able to run some Postman requests and log in to fims-web-app using the mifos user. First goal achieved :=)

Question: What set of services must be running to complete all of the Postman requests?

BR Niklas

[cid:16d7286d3567b8ae064]
[...]

[cid:16d7286d356e954e5c43]
[...]

[cid:16d7286d3568499ebde2]
[...]

[cid:16d7286d356e4b829e81]

Posted by Juhan Aasaru <aa...@gmail.com>.
Great that you got a workaround in place for your issue.

You can find the details about what you can achieve (and what doesn't yet
work) with current Postman scripts
from my recent mail to this list:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/%3CCAHLXaTTE-Nx1-m1LEuDcjZtOqV-OoP0Pmttdn8+i0zjBkwuzAg@mail.gmail.com%3E
From the mail you find what services need to be running.

[...]

[...]

[...]

[...]

[...]

[...]