Posted to user@uima.apache.org by ISAO Isaac Saito <13...@1995.sfc.ne.jp> on 2007/11/07 13:14:44 UTC

Question: Different version of libraries in single application

Hi all,

I'm Isaac from Tokyo and developing Intra-University Search
application. This is the first post here.

I am developing an application using Analysis Engine called AE-x.
AE-x was made in year 2005 and might be using UIMA SDK v1.X.
It works fine on UIMA SDK v2.02(delivered by IBM)
but not on v2.20(latest), resulting in
org.apache.uima.resource.ResourceInitializationException.

 Question: Could I develop the application above using UIMA SDK v2.20?

UIMA SDK in our application will be updated when the new version is released.
But I'd like to use AE-x as-is and don't like to edit java program of it
 (mainly because of saving dev cost).
Editing other resources(ex. Component descriptor etc.) will be considered.

Thanks,
 Isaac

Re: Question: Different version of libraries in single application

Posted by ISAO Isaac Saito <13...@1995.sfc.ne.jp>.
Michael,

It works! Thank you very much for your quick and simple answer.

Isaac

Posted by Michael Baessler <mb...@michael-baessler.de>.
Hi Isaac,