Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Zain Haider Nemati <za...@retailo.co> on 2022/05/17 19:28:50 UTC

Metrics in Flink UI

Hi,
I'm running a job on a local flink cluster but metrics are showing as Bytes
received,records received,bytes sent,backpressure all 0 in the flink UI
even though I'm receiving data in the sink.
Do I need to additionally configure something to see these metrics work in
real time?

Re:Metrics in Flink UI

Posted by JasonLee <17...@163.com>.
Hi Zain

Do you have only one operator or all of the operators are chained together? Maybe you can break the operator chain and check it out.

Best
JasonLee

---- Replied Message ----
| From | Zain Haider Nemati<za...@retailo.co> |
| Date | 05/18/2022 03:28 |
| To | user<us...@flink.apache.org> ,
<de...@flink.apache.org> |
| Subject | Metrics in Flink UI |

Re:Re: Metrics in Flink UI

Posted by Xuyang <xy...@163.com>.
Hi, if the operator is a source, the amount of bytes received is 0. And if the operator is a sink,  the amount of bytes sent is 0.

In your job, the source operator and sink operator is chained as one, so the amounts of bytes received and sent are all 0.

You can archive more details if you set the config with "pipeline.operator-chaining" in Flink SQL or use "StreamExecutionEnvironment.disableOperatorChaining() " in Datastream api.

--

    Best!
    Xuyang

在 2022-05-18 16:16:44,"Zain Haider Nemati" <za...@retailo.co> 写道:

Sure, here it is

On Wed, May 18, 2022 at 9:15 AM Zhanghao Chen <m1...@outlook.com> wrote:

Could you post a screenshot of the metrics as well as the job graph visulization on UI?

Best,
Zhanghao Chen

Re: Metrics in Flink UI

Posted by Zain Haider Nemati <za...@retailo.co>.