Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Dominik Stadler <do...@gmx.at> on 2014/03/31 14:13:33 UTC

Sonar statistics for Apache POI

Hi,

thanks to SonarSource and their public SonarQube instance we now
finally have weekly code quality reports for Apache POI on
http://nemo.sonarqube.org/dashboard/index/574959 available.

Sonar provides lots of useful numbers and statistics, especially
watching the project over time shows how some of the indicators evolve
and allows to see which areas need some polishing.

Thanks... Dominik.

Re: Sonar statistics for Apache POI

Posted by Nick Burch <ap...@gagravarr.org>.
On Mon, 31 Mar 2014, Dominik Stadler wrote:
> thanks to SonarSource and their public SonarQube instance we now finally
> have weekly code quality reports for Apache POI on
> http://nemo.sonarqube.org/dashboard/index/574959 available.

Hmm, interesting!

Based on that, two things spring to mind:
  * We should finally delete the old scratchpad HDF classes, which a very
    very old, incomplete, and were replaced by HWPF many many years ago
  * Some of the more complete logic in XSSFSheet should probably be pushed
    out to a helper method in xssf.usermodel or classes in xssf.model.
    (HSSFSheet is less complex mostly I'd say due to logic being in
     hssf.model)

Nick