Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Kanwar Sangha <ka...@mavenir.com> on 2013/06/20 21:17:30 UTC

block size

Hi - What is the block size for Cassandra ? is it taken from the OS defaults ?

Re: block size

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.
> If I have a data in column of size 500KB,

Also some information here http://thelastpickle.com/2011/04/28/Forces-of-Write-and-Read/

The data files are memory mapped so it's sort of OS dependant.

-----------------

Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Consultant
New Zealand