Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Jay Patel <pa...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/02 01:22:53 UTC

Reviewing patch: CASSANDRA-7882

Hi All,

Can anyone help review this patch? It has been more than 2 moths & we're
going live soon. It's currently assigned to Benedict for the review. Let me
know if I should reassign to someone else. Thanks for your help!

Thanks,
Jay

Re: Reviewing patch: CASSANDRA-7882

Posted by Michael Shuler <mi...@pbandjelly.org>.
On 12/02/2014 01:04 PM, Michael Shuler wrote:
> There are currently 64 patches available, which is awesome! ..and
> unfortunate when they wait for review. The project is aware of the
> backlog[0] and it takes time to dig through them all. Everyone can help.

Since I was looking to see what "old" patches were in JIRA, it appears
that there are only 10 that have not had a status update in a while. The
total number of patches available may be rather large, but the tickets
do get activity posted, so there's a conversation going on. This might
be a good list of patches to dig through, if someone wants to move the
conversation along:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20CASSANDRA%20AND%20status%20%3D%20%22Patch%20Available%22%20and%20updatedDate%20%3C%20startOfMonth(-1M)%20ORDER%20BY%20reviewer%20DESC

--
Kind regards,
Michael

Re: Reviewing patch: CASSANDRA-7882

Posted by Michael Shuler <mi...@pbandjelly.org>.
On 12/01/2014 06:22 PM, Jay Patel wrote:
> Can anyone help review this patch? It has been more than 2 moths & we're
> going live soon. It's currently assigned to Benedict for the review. Let me
> know if I should reassign to someone else. Thanks for your help!

For your particular case, "going live" may be the best validation test
of your patch. Comment in JIRA from your production use case experience.

There are currently 64 patches available, which is awesome! ..and
unfortunate when they wait for review. The project is aware of the
backlog[0] and it takes time to dig through them all. Everyone can help.

Not to single you out, but have you reviewed someone else's patch today?  :)

- Does it follow code style[1].
- Does it apply cleanly.
- Does it fix the problem.
- Does it regress something.