Posted to dev@guacamole.apache.org by Bumbu Artur <ar...@gmail.com> on 2019/11/15 17:42:25 UTC

Guacamole to next level )))

Hi guys,

My name is Artur and I am a java/kotlin developer.

I am interested in few details about guacamole project.

I am seeing this project as an opensource alternative to citrix storefront
for enterprise companies or whoever uses or want to use virtual workspaces.
The only thing that are missing for big players to use it are:

* LDAP integration
* Roles for UI.

I want to use it personally in following way. Deploy a guacamole server
integrated with ldap where administrator user can define rdp/vnc connection
for all other users. Normal users see those predifined connection in
readonly mode where they can connect to predifined connection.

Is it possible to use it in this way at the moment?

If not how difficult will be to implement it?

Do you know anyone who uses this way so they may share their experience?

Thanks in advance.

Artur

Re: Guacamole to next level )))

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Nov 15, 2019 at 12:48 PM Bumbu Artur <ar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> My name is Artur and I am a java/kotlin developer.
>
> I am interested in few details about guacamole project.
>
> I am seeing this project as an opensource alternative to citrix storefront
> for enterprise companies or whoever uses or want to use virtual workspaces.
> The only thing that are missing for big players to use it are:
>
> * LDAP integration
> * Roles for UI.

How is Guacamole missing this? I believe Guacamole has both of these
features.

> I want to use it personally in following way. Deploy a guacamole server
> integrated with ldap where administrator user can define rdp/vnc connection
> for all other users. Normal users see those predifined connection in
> readonly mode where they can connect to predifined connection.

Is it possible to use it in this way at the moment?

Yes.

> Do you know anyone who uses this way so they may share their experience?

I don't use it on a large scale, but I've deployed it for a couple of
internal use-cases in my day job, and it works fine.

-Nick