Posted to dev@lucenenet.apache.org by Ivan von Nagy <Iv...@WebTrends.com> on 2011/11/16 20:12:42 UTC

[Lucene.Net] Lucene.NET 2.9.4 Question

Is there an estimate when 2/9/4 will be available on NuGet? We have been using our own compiled version in order make use of the Lucene.Net.Analysis.CJK.CJKAnalyzer since that is not available in the NuGet version of Contrib.
Thanks,
Ivan

Ivan von Nagy | senior software engineer
(o) 503-553-2602
webtrends<http://www.webtrends.com/?source=email&detail=signature> | 851 SW 6th Ave, Suite 1600, Portland, OR 97204
The Global Leader in Mobile and Social Analytics

Re: [Lucene.Net] Lucene.NET 2.9.4 Question

Posted by Christopher Currens <cu...@gmail.com>.
We're currently working on the release of 2.9.4, and its during out release
phase that we generate the NuGet package.  There was a vote to release it a
week or so ago, but some last minute changes postponed it.  I'm not
personally working with the other committers who are packaging the release
for download from our website and NuGet, but I'm sure they're respond with
whatever progress they've made.  Of course, it's going slow, because we all
have full time jobs, which have priority over our apache commitments.

However, if I were to guess, I would say it would be in the next week or
two (don't hold me to that).  After that, I imagine it won't be too much
longer after that, we'll be releasing 3.x, as there's already some work
going on in that respect, but that largely depends on the difficulties we
have mimicing java's behavior in .NET.

Thanks,
Christopher

Posted by Michael Herndon <mh...@wickedsoftware.net>.
nothing definite. we have a nuget account setup, a way to package the files
as nupkg.

However the packages names are taken by others who jumped the gun and
generated nuget packages under Lucene & Lucene.Net, the latter being the
ideal main package that the we would want to use.

We also need to wait till the actual 2.9.4 is voted on and actually
released.