Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Chris Custine <ch...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/26 19:56:55 UTC

Re: Scalate Web site

Hi All,
The project web site redesign looks like it hasn't gotten any
attention recently and I have been doing some web development anyway,
so I thought I would take a shot at something similar to what the
community has already agreed on.  The link below is a screen shot of a
scalate generated landing page (I used Eric's sandbox work as a
starting point).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ccustine/5390898666/sizes/l/

The landing page is a bit rich in content and graphics but I liked the
idea of a featured content section (with the rotating content common
in commercial sites) and the getting started boxes carried over from
the previous concepts.  The actual content pages (docs, tutorials,
etc) will be slimmed down a bit more than this one and will have a
left side navigation menu specific to the section you are in
(Documentation, Tutorials, Project Info, etc) but will carry the same
theme.  I'll work on those and post some screenshots if everyone likes
this direction.

WDYT?

Chris

--
Chris Custine
FuseSource - Open Source Integration:: http://fusesource.com

Re: Scalate Web site

Posted by Ioannis Canellos <io...@gmail.com>.
amazing

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 10:45 PM, Chris Custine <ch...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Absolutely.  I will see how much work it will take to give a similar
> style to the docs.  I have wanted to do that for the last week but I
> had not gotten to it yet.  I'll see if I can get anything accomplished
> tonight.
> --
> Chris Custine
> FuseSource - Open Source Integration:: http://fusesource.com
> My Blog :: http://blog.organicelement.com
>

> On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 14:17, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>
> wrote:
> > Awesome Chris.
> >
> > It looks very fine and professional.
> >
> > As discussed before, we should work on website and doc before releasing
> > ServiceMix 4.3.0 and 3.3.3.
> >
> > I will work on doc/scalate tomorrow (it's in my TODO :)).
> >
> > Thanks again Chris
> > Regards
> > JB
> >
> > On 01/26/2011 07:56 PM, Chris Custine wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi All,
> >> The project web site redesign looks like it hasn't gotten any
> >> attention recently and I have been doing some web development anyway,
> >> so I thought I would take a shot at something similar to what the
> >> community has already agreed on.  The link below is a screen shot of a
> >> scalate generated landing page (I used Eric's sandbox work as a
> >> starting point).
> >>
> >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/ccustine/5390898666/sizes/l/
> >>
> >> The landing page is a bit rich in content and graphics but I liked the
> >> idea of a featured content section (with the rotating content common
> >> in commercial sites) and the getting started boxes carried over from
> >> the previous concepts.  The actual content pages (docs, tutorials,
> >> etc) will be slimmed down a bit more than this one and will have a
> >> left side navigation menu specific to the section you are in
> >> (Documentation, Tutorials, Project Info, etc) but will carry the same
> >> theme.  I'll work on those and post some screenshots if everyone likes
> >> this direction.
> >>
> >> WDYT?
> >>
> >> Chris
> >>
> >> --
> >> Chris Custine
> >> FuseSource - Open Source Integration:: http://fusesource.com
> >> My Blog :: http://blog.organicelement.com

> suggested

> this

> Lars
> on
> --

> the
> current

> whether

> navigator.appVersion

> on

--
*Ioannis Canellos*
http://iocanel.blogspot.com

Integration Engineer @ Upstream S.A. <http://www.upstreamsystems.com>

Re: Scalate Web site

Posted by Chris Custine <ch...@gmail.com>.

Re: Scalate Web site

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Awesome Chris.

Re: Scalate Web site

Posted by Eric Johnson <em...@fusesource.com>.
Looks great!

RE: Scalate Web site

Posted by Łukasz Dywicki <lu...@code-house.org>.
Nice! :)

<em...@fusesource.com>wrote:

Lars

navigator.appVersion value

>>> --
>>> Principle Technical Writer
>>> Phone (781) 280-4174
>>> Skype finnmccumial
>>> E-Mail emjohnson@fusesource.com
>>> Blog http://documentingit.blogspot.com/
>>>

>> --
>> Principle Technical Writer
>> Phone (781) 280-4174
>> Skype finnmccumial
>> E-Mail emjohnson@fusesource.com
>> Blog http://documentingit.blogspot.com/

--
James
-------
FuseSource
Email: james@fusesource.com
Web: http://fusesource.com
Twitter: jstrachan
Blog: http://macstrac.blogspot.com/

Open Source Integration

Re: Scalate Web site

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@fusesource.com>.
Awesome stuff Chris!

Re: Scalate Web site

Posted by Lars Heinemann <lh...@apache.org>.
Hey Chris,

this screen looks awesome. I like it very much :D

Best regards,
Lars

--------------------------------------

Re: Scalate Web site