Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by "Hidalgo Busto, Jose Antonio" <jo...@tao.es> on 2004/11/16 14:57:47 UTC

Database integration

Hi from spain. Sorry for my english.

I am new in Slide. I am working in a project of construction of a new java
version  of the erp of the company. I am evaluating slide as open software
tool to store and manage erp documents.

At the present time, a suite client-server exists and we will leave of being
maintained it but must be integrated with new java applications. The
client-server applications leave the documents in 2 database tables. I had
the idea of integrating it with slide by means of views and triggers on
Oracle. By means of a VERSION_CONTENT view I was able to store the contents
in erp table and by means of triggers I duplicated the rest of information.
It works well (except because I cannot obtain the size of the blob inside a
trigger in Oracle 8i, but this is another problem resolved in Oracle 9. I
hope)

The problem is that the added documents from the erp are not directly
visible by of slide. I have that shutdown Tomcat and to return him to start
up and there is the documents. This way, I conclude that the documents are
in memory once the server starts. So, how does it work when there are
100.000 documents? Is there some parameter to do they read on the flight?

Thank you in advance.

Re: Database integration

Posted by Oliver Zeigermann <ol...@gmail.com>.
I suppose you see the impact of caching. Have a look at

http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-slide/CacheConfiguration

Oliver