Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Simon Trudeau <st...@bluetreewireless.com> on 2008/08/16 00:36:27 UTC

Assembly plugin - tests classifier?

I have a project witch builds a jar (a few source files which need to be
compiled) and also creates an assembly for all my modules.

My pom.xml defines my assembly as

   <plugin>
    <configuration>
     <finalName>final</finalName>
     <outputDirectory>target/assembly</outputDirectory>
     <descriptors>
      <descriptor>src/main/assembly/installer-assembly.xml</descriptor>
     </descriptors>
    </configuration>
   </plugin>

And my installer-assembly.xml file is declared as:

<assembly>
 <id>bin</id>
 <formats>
  <format>dir</format>
 </formats>
 <includeBaseDirectory>false</includeBaseDirectory>
 <fileSets>
  <fileSet>
   <outputDirectory></outputDirectory>
  </fileSet>
 </fileSets>
 <dependencySets>
  <dependencySet>
   <unpack>false</unpack>
  </dependencySet>
 </dependencySets>
</assembly>

How come when I invoke assembly:assembly do I end up with all my
dependencies' jar with all the correct names (ex: stuff-1.0.jar) except
for the jars generated from the project which gets named
myjar-1.0-tests.jar?

How come does the tests classifier gets added to the jar's name for the
jar generated from the project from which I invoke the assembly? I don't
even make any reference to the test scope in my project.

Thanks,

Simon