Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Eldho George <ge...@ocwen.co.in> on 2004/09/23 07:28:19 UTC

what are the other output produced by fop using xsl-fo.

Hi all

I created one xsl file for converting a html page into pdf.(Using xsl-fo).It
works fine.
Here I am producing the formatting object tree using xhtml and my xsl-fo
file.I am not storing the fo in
Hard disk.I am directly apply it to the driver.

I would like to know ,using fop what are the other output I can produce
using this xsl-fo.Can I produce ms word output.then what about the rendering
type .i tried with

driver.setRenderer(Driver.RENDER_TXT);
response.setContentType("application/msword");

But it showing some error like it require some converter and finally it will
open the msword but not getting the content correctly.
I would like to know what are the other output produced by fop using
xsl-fo.Any help is available
Please tell me
Thanks in advance
george

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com

Re: what are the other output produced by fop using xsl-fo.

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
George,

it's all on the website: http://xml.apache.org/fop/output.html

If you want to create output to open in MS Word, you should look for RTF,
Word HTML or WordML output. JFOR provides RTF output. JFOR has also been
integrated into the FOP redesign. There are other tools to create WordML
and Word HTML from FO. I don't think there's any converter for FO to DOC,
yet. At least, I haven't found any, yet.

The Text output you mention is really text-only. I don't think that's
what you're looking for.

On 23.09.2004 07:28:19 Eldho George wrote:
> I created one xsl file for converting a html page into pdf.(Using xsl-fo).It
> works fine.
> Here I am producing the formatting object tree using xhtml and my xsl-fo
> file.I am not storing the fo in
> Hard disk.I am directly apply it to the driver.
>
> I would like to know ,using fop what are the other output I can produce
> using this xsl-fo.Can I produce ms word output.then what about the rendering
> type .i tried with
>
> driver.setRenderer(Driver.RENDER_TXT);
> response.setContentType("application/msword");
>
> But it showing some error like it require some converter and finally it will
> open the msword but not getting the content correctly.
> I would like to know what are the other output produced by fop using
> xsl-fo.Any help is available

Jeremias Maerki