Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Martin Dubuc <ma...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/30 16:51:11 UTC

CGI Servlet in Tomcat 6.0.2

I would like to use the CGI servlet in Tomcat 6.0.2, but I get this
error message when enabling it:

java.lang.SecurityException: Servlet of class
org.apache.catalina.servlets.CGIServlet is privileged and cannot be
loaded by this web application

I have read the documentation and it looks like there needs to be some
policies defined in the catalina.policy file on a web application
basis, but I do not know what they should be.

I also noticed in the web.xml file that there is mention of
$CATALINA_HOME/server/lib/servlets-cgi.renametojar
I found the CGIServlet class inside catalina.jar. So, I assume the
comment in the web.xml file is remnants from the previous release...

Martin