Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Andy Grove <an...@gmail.com> on 2023/01/21 15:09:27 UTC

[VOTE][RUST][DataFusion] Release Apache Arrow DataFusion 16.1.0 RC1

Hi,

I would like to propose a release of Apache Arrow DataFusion Implementation,
version 16.1.0.

This release candidate is based on commit:
c8d10c56221bc9584a9102c317a82dcee0bdc074 [1]
The proposed release tarball and signatures are hosted at [2].
The changelog is located at [3].

Please download, verify checksums and signatures, run the unit tests, and
vote
on the release. The vote will be open for at least 72 hours.

Only votes from PMC members are binding, but all members of the community
are
encouraged to test the release and vote with "(non-binding)".

The standard verification procedure is documented at
https://github.com/apache/arrow-datafusion/blob/master/dev/release/README.md#verifying-release-candidates
.

[ ] +1 Release this as Apache Arrow DataFusion 16.1.0
[ ] +0
[ ] -1 Do not release this as Apache Arrow DataFusion 16.1.0 because...

Here is my vote:

+1

[1]:
https://github.com/apache/arrow-datafusion/tree/c8d10c56221bc9584a9102c317a82dcee0bdc074
[2]:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/arrow/apache-arrow-datafusion-16.1.0-rc1
[3]:
https://github.com/apache/arrow-datafusion/blob/c8d10c56221bc9584a9102c317a82dcee0bdc074/CHANGELOG.md

[RESULT] [VOTE][RUST][DataFusion] Release Apache Arrow DataFusion 16.1.0 RC1

Posted by Andy Grove <an...@gmail.com>.
The vote passes with four +1 votes (three binding). Thanks to everyone who
helped with this release.

The release has been published.

Re: [VOTE][RUST][DataFusion] Release Apache Arrow DataFusion 16.1.0 RC1

Posted by Andrew Lamb <al...@influxdata.com>.
+1 (binding)

Verified on x86 mac

I have also filed https://github.com/apache/arrow-datafusion/issues/5023 to