Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org> on 2022/10/13 18:00:22 UTC

[VOTE] The first release candidate for HBase 2.5.1 (RC0) is available

Please vote on this Apache hbase release candidate, hbase-2.5.1RC0

The VOTE will remain open for at least 72 hours.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache hbase 2.5.1

The tag to be voted on is 2.5.1RC0:

  https://github.com/apache/hbase/tree/2.5.1RC0

This tag currently points to git reference edf0b62273.

The release files, including signatures, digests, as well as CHANGES.md
and RELEASENOTES.md included in this RC can be found at:

  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/2.5.1RC0/

The compatibility report can be found here:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/2.5.1RC0/api_compare_2.5.0_to_2.5.1RC0.html

All changes are in line with our compatibility guidelines, except one
change where we intentionally removed a constant field in a public
interface. The change was required to resolve deadlocks during static
initialization under certain conditions. Refer to HBASE-27381 for more
details.

Maven artifacts are available in a staging repository at:

  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1497/

Artifacts were signed with the 0xD5365CCD key which can be found in:

  https://downloads.apache.org/hbase/KEYS

To learn more about Apache hbase, please see

  http://hbase.apache.org/

Thanks,
Your HBase Release Manager

[WITHDRAWN] [VOTE] The first release candidate for HBase 2.5.1 (RC0) is available

Posted by Andrew Purtell <an...@gmail.com>.
This was a miss.
Another test fix landed. I will roll both into RC1.

--
Best regards,
Andrew

Unrest, ignorance distilled, nihilistic imbeciles -
    It's what we’ve earned
Welcome, apocalypse, what’s taken you so long?
Bring us the fitting end that we’ve been counting on
   - A23, Welcome, Apocalypse

Re: [VOTE] The first release candidate for HBase 2.5.1 (RC0) is available

Posted by Andrew Purtell <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "张铎(Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.