Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Sven Pfeiffer <sv...@innoface.de> on 2005/01/05 14:42:02 UTC

Problems with auto-create-users and auto-create-users-role

Hi List

I am havin real problems understanding the function of auto-create-users and auto-create-users-role.

I have an existing JAAS Login Modul which I use for authentication, now every authenticated user has to be created in slides
userspath, so he can access the slide resources.

That works fine as long as I set <auto-create-users-role>org.apache.slide.structure.SubjectNode</auto-create-users-role> but then
the problem is that the created user seems not to be member of any role.

So I continued searching the docu and found:
	<auto-create-users-role>slideroles.basic.UserRoleImpl</auto-create-users-role>
now every automatically created user should be a member of the group user, as fas as I understand.

again the user is created (with classname="slideroles.basic.UserRoleImpl") but the user is not in the role user.
he is not in /roles/user.def.xml and the permissions I granted for /roles/user are not for him.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong and could give me an advice?

Should I change the permissions from subject="/roles/user" to something else?

Is it possible not to say every autmatically created user is in the role user but to make it dependend from the roles that are
already assigned to it by the JAAS Login Module?

thanks in advance

SVen

Re: Problems with auto-create-users and auto-create-users-role

Posted by James Mason <ma...@apache.org>.
You can try using the "authenticated" subject for your permissions
instead of an explicit role. It sounds like this is closer in meaning to
what you're wanting anyway. "All authenticated users should be able
to...".

-James