Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by Isabelle Guimiot <is...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/03 14:38:39 UTC

Archiva 2.0.1 : regression with maven 2 and uniqueVersion false

We are using Archiva 1.4-M4 and we want to move to Archiva 2.0.1.

But in 2.0.1, we encounter a blocker issue with maven 2 and tag
uniqueVersion=false in the snapshots repository.

It used to work fine with Archiva 1.4-M4, each build was publishing only
one snapshot called artifact-x.y.z-SNAPSHOT.jar .

Now in 2.0.1, with the tag uniqueVersion=false, each build publishes a new
unique snapshot called artifact-x.y.z-null-[buildNumber].jar , which makes
other builds fail when they have this artifact as a dependency...

Did I miss anything in Archiva's configuration ? Or do I have to open a
jira issue to have this bug fixed in the next version ?

Thanks,

Isabelle

Re: Archiva 2.0.1 : regression with maven 2 and uniqueVersion false

Posted by Isabelle Guimiot <is...@gmail.com>.
Hi Olivier,

I confirm that this issue is fixed in the snapshot builds of Archiva 2.1.x,
I tested it last week.

Could you tell us when the next release (2.1.0) will be available
approximately ?

Thanks,

Isabelle

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Hi,
Apologize for delay.
Should be fixed in master.
You can try a build from here:
https://builds.apache.org/view/A-D/view/Archiva/job/archiva-master-build/

Olivier

On 4 June 2014 15:39, Isabelle Guimiot <is...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It's maven 2.2.1
>  Le 4 juin 2014 01:58, "Olivier Lamy" <ol...@apache.org> a écrit :
>
>> On 3 June 2014 22:38, Isabelle Guimiot <is...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > We are using Archiva 1.4-M4 and we want to move to Archiva 2.0.1.
>> >
>> > But in 2.0.1, we encounter a blocker issue with maven 2 and tag
>> > uniqueVersion=false in the snapshots repository.
>> >
>> > It used to work fine with Archiva 1.4-M4, each build was publishing only
>> > one snapshot called artifact-x.y.z-SNAPSHOT.jar .
>> >
>> > Now in 2.0.1, with the tag uniqueVersion=false, each build publishes a
>> new
>> > unique snapshot called artifact-x.y.z-null-[buildNumber].jar , which
>> makes
>> > other builds fail when they have this artifact as a dependency...
>> >
>> > Did I miss anything in Archiva's configuration ? Or do I have to open a
>> > jira issue to have this bug fixed in the next version ?
>>
>> yup sounds like a bug. So yes please create an issue in Jira.
>> Which Maven version are you using?
>>

>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > Isabelle
>>

>> --
>> Olivier Lamy
>> Ecetera: http://ecetera.com.au

Olivier Lamy
Ecetera: http://ecetera.com.au

Re: Archiva 2.0.1 : regression with maven 2 and uniqueVersion false

Posted by Isabelle Guimiot <is...@gmail.com>.
It's maven 2.2.1

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.

--