Posted to p-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Jason E. Stewart" <ja...@openinformatics.com> on 2003/11/03 16:26:21 UTC

Re: XML-Xerces-2.3.0-3 on OSX (was Re: [ANN]: XML-Xerces-2.3.0-3 available)

Adam Witney <aw...@sghms.ac.uk> writes:

> > That's good. You didn't have to modify the Makefile.PL anymore did
> > you? If you didn't that means that the darwin.pl file I added is
> > working.
>
> Nope, nor did I have to modify the xerces-c library (if you remember the
> problems we had before with isAnySlash)

Oh! But aren't you still using the already modified library? If not
then that's good news...

> >> t/DOMCount..........ok 1/2Use of uninitialized value in numeric eq (==) at
> >
> > looks like DOMCount.pl is not returning a value, can you run it by
> > hand and let me know the output:
> >
> > perl samples/DOMCount.pl samples/personal.xml
>
> Looks ok, when run with absolute path:
>
> [mrc1-003:local/install/XML-Xerces-2.3.0-3] adam% perl samples/DOMCount.pl
> /usr/local/install/XML-Xerces-2.3.0-3/samples/personal.xml
> /usr/local/install/XML-Xerces-2.3.0-3/samples/personal.xml: duration:  1
> wallclock secs ( 0.07 usr +  0.00 sys =  0.07 CPU)
>         (37 elems)

Ok, then it's the same relative path problem.

> [mrc1-003:local/install/XML-Xerces-2.3.0-3] adam% perl -Mblib -w
> t/DOMException.t
> Using /usr/local/install/XML-Xerces-2.3.0-3/blib
> 1..7
> ok 1 - module loaded
> Bus error

Looks gross.

> >> t/DOMPrint..........ok 1/2#     Failed test (t/DOMPrint.t at line 62)
> >> # Found []
> >> # Looks like you failed 1 tests of 2.
> >
> > This is like DOMCount.pl, you're not getting output. Can you run it by
> > hand (probably the same error).
>
> [mrc1-003:local/install/XML-Xerces-2.3.0-3] adam% perl -Mblib -w
> t/DOMPrint.t
> Using /usr/local/install/XML-Xerces-2.3.0-3/blib
> 1..2
> ok 1 - module loaded
> not ok 2
> #     Failed test (t/DOMPrint.t at line 62)
> # Found []
> # Looks like you failed 1 tests of 2.

Sorry, I actually meant running DOMPrint.pl by hand, but it's cool -
it's probably the same relative path error, so don't bother.

> [mrc1-003:local/install/XML-Xerces-2.3.0-3] adam% perl -Mblib -w
> t/SAXException.t
> Using /usr/local/install/XML-Xerces-2.3.0-3/blib
> 1..6
> ok 1 - module loaded
> Bus error

double yuck.

Ok, the sourceforge compile farm is back online, so I'm going to see
about building it there (if not I'll get an account on the Apache OS X
machine). I need to get a C++ example that demonstrates the relative
path problems for the Xerces-C team so they can fix it.

Thanks again Adam.
jas.

Re: XML-Xerces-2.3.0-3 on OSX (was Re: [ANN]: XML-Xerces-2.3.0-3 available)

Posted by "Jason E. Stewart" <ja...@openinformatics.com>.
Adam Witney <aw...@sghms.ac.uk> writes:

> >> Nope, nor did I have to modify the xerces-c library (if you remember the
> >> problems we had before with isAnySlash)
> >
> > Oh! But aren't you still using the already modified library? If not
> > then that's good news...
>
> Nope, I did a fresh unpack/compile of xerces-c-src_2_3_0 this
> morning.

Ooohhh Cool! That's one less stupid, inexplicable problem to deal
with.

> > Sorry, I actually meant running DOMPrint.pl by hand, but it's cool -
> > it's probably the same relative path error, so don't bother.
>
> Sorry, running DOMPrint.pl from samples works fine

Good, then it's what I thought.

> Let me know if there is anything else I can test.

Will do - double thanks for testing it all so quickly.

Cheers,
jas.

Re: XML-Xerces-2.3.0-3 on OSX (was Re: [ANN]: XML-Xerces-2.3.0-3 available)

Posted by Adam Witney <aw...@sghms.ac.uk>.

>> Nope, nor did I have to modify the xerces-c library (if you remember the
>> problems we had before with isAnySlash)
>
> Oh! But aren't you still using the already modified library? If not
> then that's good news...

Nope, I did a fresh unpack/compile of xerces-c-src_2_3_0 this morning.

> Sorry, I actually meant running DOMPrint.pl by hand, but it's cool -
> it's probably the same relative path error, so don't bother.

Sorry, running DOMPrint.pl from samples works fine

> Ok, the sourceforge compile farm is back online, so I'm going to see
> about building it there (if not I'll get an account on the Apache OS X
> machine). I need to get a C++ example that demonstrates the relative
> path problems for the Xerces-C team so they can fix it.

Let me know if there is anything else I can test.

Cheers

adam

believed to be clean.