Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Masayuki Takahashi <ma...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/25 05:23:24 UTC

Integrate IGFS and Impala

Hi,

I want to use Impala with IGFS. But it failed.
The reason why is that Impala depends on
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DistributedFileSystem.

https://github.com/cloudera/Impala/blob/2717f7378c406195eab241b34b184eee5f574f91/fe/src/main/java/org/apache/impala/service/JniFrontend.java#L719

IgniteHadoopFileSystem does not extend it.

https://ignite.apache.org/releases/mobile/org/apache/ignite/hadoop/fs/v1/IgniteHadoopFileSystem.html
https://ignite.apache.org/releases/mobile/org/apache/ignite/hadoop/fs/v2/IgniteHadoopFileSystem.html

Have anyone tried it?

thanks.

--
Masayuki Takahashi

Re: Integrate IGFS and Impala

Posted by Vladimir Ozerov <vo...@gridgain.com>.
It looks like Impala expect some specific file system types. We can do
nothing with it. IGFS will never extend "org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.
DistributedFileSystem" because it is completely different implementation.

Question should be addressed to Impala developers.

Posted by Vladimir Ozerov <vo...@gridgain.com>.

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.