Posted to user@flink.apache.org by lec ssmi <sh...@gmail.com> on 2020/07/01 01:53:39 UTC

the group key is retracted

Hi:
  When we use sql for aggregation operation, for example, the following sql

>        select count( distinct name) cnt, type  from table  group by type

  Source data can be regarded as bin log data.
  If the type value of a record is updated in the   database, the values
before and after the update will be divided into different partitions and
handed over to different operators for calculation. Can Retraction happen
correctly?

Re: the group key is retracted

Posted by Benchao Li <li...@apache.org>.
If you are using 1.11 new changelog format, I think it will retract old
value from old partition correctly.
If not, (I assume you are using append only changelog) I think it won't
retract old value.

lec ssmi <sh...@gmail.com> 于2020年7月1日周三 下午2:39写道:

--

Best,
Benchao Li

Re: the group key is retracted

Posted by lec ssmi <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Benchao Li <li...@apache.org>.
Hi lec ssmi,

--

Best,
Benchao Li

Re: Re: the group key is retracted

Posted by 刘大龙 <ld...@zju.edu.cn>.
oh, sorry, if source operator can retract old value, I think it can.

Logically, when retracting , the old value can be sent to the original partition , as long as the group by operator supports that  the two values before and after the update can be  sent to different partitions. But don't know whether  flink sql does this.

刘大龙 <ld...@zju.edu.cn> 于2020年7月1日周三 上午10:23写道:

I think the old value will not retract, because the type value update, it will be calculate in new value, the old value will not be updated

  When we use sql for aggregation operation, for example, the following sql
       select count( distinct name) cnt, type  from table  group by type

  Source data can be regarded as bin log data.
  If the type value of a record is updated in the   database, the values before and after the update will be divided into different partitions and handed over to different operators for calculation. Can Retraction happen correctly?

刘大龙

浙江大学 控制系 智能系统与控制研究所 工控新楼217
地址:浙江省杭州市浙大路38号浙江大学玉泉校区
Tel:18867547281