Posted to dev@deltaspike.apache.org by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de> on 2012/06/14 12:17:52 UTC

ConfigProperty#eager() question

Hi!

Please take a look at ConfigProperty#eager().

The idea is to verify if every used configuration property is really available and configured.

This was initially easy to do as side effect of the ProcessInjectionTarget.

There are some restrictions with this approach as documented already: it can only verify configuration which is statically available before the server starts. No JPA, nor any other 'dynamic' configuration which gets provided by the container only at some point in time during startup or application.
If enabled, it also disallows having configuration which might default to null (to indicate that there is nothing configured).

wdyt?

LieGrue,
strub

Re: ConfigProperty#eager() question

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.
if cdi 1.1 provides an application-started event, we could support a
fail-fast mode also for "dynamic" config-values.
(however, a portable solution with cdi 1.0 isn't that easy)

regards,
gerhard