Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by "Raveendranath, Rohith (LNG - AUS)" <Ro...@LexisNexis.com.au> on 2003/08/07 10:16:31 UTC

parser taking #FIXED Values from DTD

Hii all,

Having a some  problems with xerces DOM parser.

I have an xml:

<!DOCTYPE country SYSTEM "country.dtd">
<country name="AU">
	<state name="NSW"></state>
	<city name="dummy"></city>
</country>

And my DTD Looks like

<!ELEMENT country (state*,city*)>
<!ATTLIST
	  poplulation CDATA #IMPLIED
	  name CDATA #REQUIRED
	  status #FIXED 'dontpopulate'

Now when iam creating a  document object and getting all the attributes of
the node country  its giveng me name="AU" and status="dontpopulate" -- but i
had never put status attribute in the xml.

Can any one please tell  me why the parser is taking the #FIXED value though
its not there in the xml.

Rohith

This e-mail is for the use of the intended recipient(s) only.  If you have
delete it.  If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use, disclose
or distribute this e-mail without the author's permission.  We have taken
precautions to minimise the risk of transmitting software viruses, but we
advise you to carry out your own virus checks on any attachment to this e-mail.
We cannot accept liability for any loss or damage caused by software viruses.

Re: parser taking #FIXED Values from DTD

Posted by George Cristian Bina <ge...@sync.ro>.
Hi,

The fixed attributes are automatically added by the parser. You can check if
an attribute is specified in the document or added automatically using the
Attr.getSpecified() method. See:
http://java.sun.com/xml/jaxp/dist/1.0.1/docs/api/org/w3c/dom/Attr.html

Regards,
 George
George Cristian Bina mailto:george@sync.ro
COO - sync.ro
Phone  +40-(0)251-461480, +40-(0)251-461481
Fax    +40-(0)251-461482
Mobile +40-(0)723-224067
SyncRO Soft srl, Bd N. Titulescu 170, Craiova, 1100 - Romania
http://www.sync.ro
<oXygen/> XML Editor - http://www.oxygenxml.com/