Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by José Egas López <jo...@farmaenlace.com> on 2015/01/17 16:53:40 UTC

System VMs not starting after host reboot

Hi all, I have ACS 4.3.1 winth vSphere 5.5.

The platform was really OK, but yesterday we have to give manteinance to
physical hosts.

When finished it, we powered on again the host, all seems to be ok, but the
system vms doesn’t start; it shows:

VM State: starting

Agent State: Disconnected

The router VM does not start too. Wha can I do!?

Regards,

José

RE: System VMs not starting after host reboot

Posted by José Egas López <jo...@farmaenlace.com>.
Thank you, that worked!

Now, a question for everyone:
Which is the most stable release of ACS?

Regards,

José

De: Somesh Naidu [mailto:Somesh.Naidu@citrix.com] Enviado el: lunes, 19 de
enero de 2015 14:16
Para: users@cloudstack.apache.org

Hmm, if it stays that way, then we'd need to look at the mgmt. logs to find
out where it's stuck.

To recover (without analysis) I'd do the following:
a. disable the zone
b. change the status of the system VMs as stopped c. find if there are
corresponding VMs on the hypervisor running and if they are stop them from
vCenter d. destroy these system VMs from ACS UI e. enable the zone (this
should trigger creating of new systems VMs)

If it fails again (or gets in a similar state) then of course we'd have to
find the root cause and fix it.

MailScanner-PFNS1 | Aviso Legal (http://avisolegal.powerfast.net)

MailScanner-PFNS | Aviso Legal (http://avisolegal.powerfast.net)