Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Cecchi Sandrone <ce...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/21 15:27:55 UTC

Re: Getting started with imported XSDs

Hey man, I have the same problem. Did you solve it?

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
Aegis is really targeted at java first and generating schemas from Java.
There isn't an ability to generate Aegis classes from schema or really use
external schema.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: Getting started with imported XSDs

Posted by d33mb33 <da...@balzan.co.uk>.
I reworked the web services to use Spring-WS/Castor instead of CXF/Aegis.
I have it working perfectly and found it a cleaner, more transparent
solution to CXF.
Saying that, I'm sure it's possible in CXF but I struggled to find good
documentation on how to do it.

With Spring-WS you author the XSD but it autogenerates the WSDL from the
Spring config files.
The XML requests and responses can be bound by hand or through an OXM mapper
(I used Castor).
Spring handles importing other XSDs and can add them to the WSDL aswell.

If you discover the best way to accomplish this with CXF then it would be
good to post it here to help others searching for info.