Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Chakraborty, Anirban" <ac...@rational.com> on 2003/01/03 03:30:50 UTC

userid, passwd info set in call object not getting to .NET servic e

Hi,

I have a java webservice that acts as a client to a .net webservice.

following is the code snippet on the client side:
Service service = new Service();
Call _call = (Call) service.createCall();
_call.setUsername(userName);
_call.setPassword(passwd);

The http header in the wire looks like following:

POST /WebService1/Service1.asmx HTTP/1.0
Authorization: Basic QUNXZWJTZXJ2aWNlOmFjd3M=

On the .net side, I see that the http request object contains headers upto
content-length and completely ignores the Authorization info. In the .net
debugger, I see that IsAuthenticated=false,
System.Web.Services.WebService.User.Name="", and
System.Web.Services.WebService.User.AuthenticationType="".
Do I need to set something else in order to get non empty username and
passwd in IIS?

I'm using axis 1.0 release.

Also, I see that the HTTP version set in the request is 1.0. Is there a way
to set it to 1.1 before sending the request to the server?

Thanks in advance.

-Anirban.