Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Rory O'Donnell <ro...@oracle.com> on 2020/01/06 10:27:25 UTC

JDK 14 Early Access build 30 & JDK 15 Early Access build 4 are available.

Hi Dominik,

Happy New Year !

*Per the JDK 14 schedule , we are now in Rampdown Phase One*

*Please advise if you have found any issues while testing the latest
Early Access build.
*

  * The overall feature set is frozen.
      o No further JEPs will be targeted to this release
      o For more details , see Mark Reinhold's email to jdk-dev mailing
        list [1]

*JDK 14 **Early Access build 30 **is available**at : - jdk.java.net/14/*

  * These early-access , open-source builds are provided under the
      o GNU General Public License, versionĀ 2, with the Classpath
        Exception <http://openjdk.java.net/legal/gplv2+ce.html>.
  * Release notes
      o https://jdk.java.net/14/release-notes
  * Recent fixes that might be of interest
      o Build 29:
          + JDK-8233228: Disable weak named curves by default in TLS,
            CertPath, and Signed JAR

      o Build 28:
          + JDK-8234049: Implementation of Memory Access API (Incubator)
          + JDK-8235668: LineNumberReader#getLineNumber() returns wrong
            line number (one fewer) in Lucene test
              # Reported by Apache Lucene

*JDK 15 **Early Access build 4 **is available**at : - jdk.java.net/15/*

  * These early-access , open-source builds are provided under the
      o GNU General Public License, versionĀ 2, with the Classpath
        Exception <http://openjdk.java.net/legal/gplv2+ce.html>.
  * Release notes
      o http://jdk.java.net/15/release-notes

The Quality Outreach Report for Decemeber 2019 was published since the
last email

  * https://wiki.openjdk.java.net/display/quality/Quality+Outreach+report+December+2019
  * Many thanks to all those who contributed to testing, logging bugs
    etc against the Early Access builds.

*
*

Rgds, Rory

[1]
https://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/jdk-dev/2019-December/003795.html

--
Rgds, Rory O'Donnell
Quality Engineering Manager

Re: JDK 14 Early Access build 30 & JDK 15 Early Access build 4 are available.

Posted by Dominik Stadler <do...@gmx.at>.
To some degree, yes, but I usually only look at newer JDK-releases from
time to time to not have to chase things for every release.

CI for Apache POI ensures that any newer build of the currently available
JDKs is automatically verified once a week, e.g. currently we do this up to
JDK 13, but we can add JDK 14 now as it became available on Jenkins in the
meantime.

Dominik.

Posted by Mark Murphy <jm...@gmail.com>.