Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/19 19:13:33 UTC

[VOTE] Release JEXL 2.1.1 based on RC1

This is a minor release to fix a regression in 2.1

What's new in 2.1.1
===================
Version 2.1.1 is a bugfix release to address a regression in 2.1:

* JEXL-124:  Array parameters to methods don't work anymore

There are no other changes

Tag:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/jexl/tags/COMMONS_JEXL_2_1_1-RC1/
(Last Changed Rev: 1220732)

Site:

http://people.apache.org/~sebb/jexl-2.1.1-RC1

Binaries:

 https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-368/org/apache/commons/commons-jexl/2.1.1/

This vote will be open for at least 72 hours, closing no sooner than:
20:00PM GMT, Dec 11th.

 [ ] +1 Release these artifacts
 [ ] +0 OK, but...
 [ ] -0 OK, but really should fix...
 [ ] -1 I oppose this release because..

Re: [VOTE] Release JEXL 2.1.1 based on RC1

Posted by henrib <he...@apache.org>.
+1
(Thanks again Sebb)

[VOTE][RESULT] Release JEXL 2.1.1 based on RC1

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 21 December 2011 02:38, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 19 December 2011 18:13, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> This is a minor release to fix a regression in 2.1
>>
>> What's new in 2.1.1
>> ===================
>> Version 2.1.1 is a bugfix release to address a regression in 2.1:
>>
>> * JEXL-124:  Array parameters to methods don't work anymore
>>
>> There are no other changes
>>
>> Tag:
>>
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/jexl/tags/COMMONS_JEXL_2_1_1-RC1/
>> (Last Changed Rev: 1220732)
>>
>> Site:
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~sebb/jexl-2.1.1-RC1
>>
>> Binaries:
>>
>>  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-368/org/apache/commons/commons-jexl/2.1.1/
>>
>> This vote will be open for at least 72 hours, closing no sooner than:
>> 20:00PM GMT, Dec 11th.
>
> Sorry, must have forgotten to update the date.
>
> The vote will close no sooner than 22 December 2011 18:13

Voting was as follows:

Oliver Heger +1
Henri Biestro +1
Sebastian Bazley +1

All are PMC members and so are binding.

No other votes, so vote succeeds.

Will proceed with release shortly.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Oliver Heger <ol...@oliver-heger.de>.
+1

Found no problems with the build, the site, and the artifacts.

Oliver

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 19 December 2011 19:10, Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/19/11 12:02 PM, sebb wrote:

>>> This is a nit - in VOTE threads, we should not label the whole
>>> release distribution "binaries."  The release includes both source
>>> and binary distributions.
>> OK, will call them artifacts in future.
>>
>>> It would also be great if somehow we
>>> could get the maven build machine to produce a directory that
>>> includes exactly what is going to /dist, which *is* the release.
>> The Nexus staging repo I created includes source and binary jars,
>> which will end up in the Maven repo, and source and binary archives
>> which will end up in /dist
>>
>> Since we release source to Maven, AIUI we need to vote on both sets of files.
>>
>> I don't really care if that is done via one staging repo in Nexus, as
>> I have done here, or a Nexus staging repo for Maven, and a separate
>> staging area for /dist.
>>
>> However I do care that we vote on both sets of files, and that the
>> exact files we vote on are the ones that are released.
>>
>> AFAIK, it's easy enough to omit the non-Maven files from Nexus:
>>
>> mvn deploy -Prelease
>>
>> I used "mvn package deploy -Prelease" specifically to include the
>> non-Maven archives.
>>
>> What I don't know offhand is how to _stage_ the non-Maven artifacts using Maven.
>>
>> So I created the combined staging repo, and had planned to sort out
>> the deployment to /dist after the vote.
>>
>> However, I'm happy to try using separate a staging area for /dist, if
>> that's what is needed.
>>
>> I can just move the /dist files to a separate staging area now, and
>> send round a new VOTE with the same files in two different
>> directories.
>
> Not necessary, IMO; just nice to have for the future if we can
> figure out how to get the actual release separated out so we can see
> what is going to dist/

Basically that's the files that aren't jars or their associated sigs and hashes.

I've written a Python script that fetches the zip and tar.gz files from Nexus.
As I test I used it to copy them to

http://people.apache.org/~sebb/jexl-2.1.1-RC1-dist

At present it seems there is no standard process for staging and
releasing files to /dist.
It would be nice to integrate this into our Maven release process.

I raised a JIRA [1] some while ago to see if Nexus could also act as
staging repo for /dist, but that has gone round in circles a couple of
times and got nowhere. Pity, because Nexus is convenient for Maven
staging, and it does much of the work for /dist staging already
(checking sigs and hashes, providing a common location for release
votes).

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.
On 12/19/11 11:13 AM, sebb wrote:
> This is a minor release to fix a regression in 2.1
>
> What's new in 2.1.1
> ===================
> Version 2.1.1 is a bugfix release to address a regression in 2.1:
>
> * JEXL-124:  Array parameters to methods don't work anymore
>
> There are no other changes
>
> Tag:
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/jexl/tags/COMMONS_JEXL_2_1_1-RC1/
> (Last Changed Rev: 1220732)
>
> Site:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~sebb/jexl-2.1.1-RC1
>
> Binaries:

This is a nit - in VOTE threads, we should not label the whole
release distribution "binaries."  The release includes both source
and binary distributions.  It would also be great if somehow we