Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Roberto Cortez <ra...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2018/08/02 14:16:25 UTC

TomEE 8 Jsonb Provider

Hi,
I was wondering if it will be ok to add the Johnzon Jsonb Provider to the default providers list? The dependency is already in the project, it was just commented out with a "java 8 only". I guess this was pre TomEE 8.
If this is ok, here is a PR that uncomments the dependency and add the org.apache.johnzon.jaxrs.jsonb.jaxrs.JsonbJaxrsProvider in the providers list.
Cheers,Roberto

Re: TomEE 8 Jsonb Provider

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
would work, A then

Romain Manni-Bucau

Re: TomEE 8 Jsonb Provider

Posted by Alex The Rocker <al...@gmail.com>.
Hello Mark,

Re: TomEE 8 Jsonb Provider

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
FYI https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-2233

Romain Manni-Bucau

Re: TomEE 8 Jsonb Provider

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
looks good

Re: TomEE 8 Jsonb Provider

Posted by Roberto Cortez <ra...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.

Re: TomEE 8 Jsonb Provider

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Re: TomEE 8 Jsonb Provider

Posted by Roberto Cortez <ra...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
I had a look and I think that work is already done. If you look closely to JsonbAccessMode, it already delegates to the FieldAndMethodAccessMode from Johnzon, or uses the one defined in the johnzon.accessModeDelegate property. I think there is only one thing missing, which is, the JsonbAccessMode when checking visibilities, does not take into account fields or methods annotated with Johnzon annotations. I’ve added a custom PropertyVisibilityStrategy to look into the Johnzon stuff, and then the delegate will handle the rest I believe.

I’ve created a JIRA for it and updated the PR:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-2221 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-2221>
https://github.com/apache/tomee/pull/142 <https://github.com/apache/tomee/pull/142>

Re: TomEE 8 Jsonb Provider

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Re: TomEE 8 Jsonb Provider

Posted by Roberto Cortez <ra...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
 I think we should push to include a MP compatible version as well.
Right now, all other major vendors have compatible distributions and we are sitting at zero.
The JsonbProvider is an issue both for the EE8 and MP stuff. I'm fine that we are not TCK compliant. On the other hand, this would be the behaviour I would expect if I'm using JAX-RS and JSON-B, which we are shipping, so I think we should not ignore it.
Cheers,Roberto

Re: TomEE 8 Jsonb Provider

Posted by Matthew Broadhead <ma...@nbmlaw.co.uk.INVALID>.
A +1

Re: TomEE 8 Jsonb Provider

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de.INVALID>.
Hi Gurkan!

We did that already last year. And the outcome back then was as described in option A ;)

LieGrue,
strub

Re: TomEE 8 Jsonb Provider

Posted by Gurkan Erdogdu <cg...@gmail.com>.
Hello Mark

Re: TomEE 8 Jsonb Provider

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de.INVALID>.

Re: TomEE 8 Jsonb Provider

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Re: TomEE 8 Jsonb Provider

Posted by Roberto Cortez <ra...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.

Re: TomEE 8 Jsonb Provider

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Re: TomEE 8 Jsonb Provider

Posted by Roberto Cortez <ra...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.

Re: TomEE 8 Jsonb Provider

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Re: TomEE 8 Jsonb Provider

Posted by Roberto Cortez <ra...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
 I understand.
I think we need to do it, since I've found a couple of issues with the MP TCK using models with Jsonb annotations that were not being applied due to the missing provider. And Jsonb is also part of EE 8, so I believe this should be the default behaviour.

Re: TomEE 8 Jsonb Provider

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Roberto,