Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2019/06/14 23:32:45 UTC

ApacheDS bug parade, was: ApacheDS packaging

On 08/06/2019 08:56, Stefan Seelmann wrote:
>> Hi !
>>
>> As you have probably figured out, I'm in a ApacheDS bug parad atm. The
>> idea is to check all of them (420 !) and more specifically those who are
>> associated with 2.0.0.AM26 or lower, and that includes all the issues
>> without any fix version (for a grand total of 175 issues) before cutting
>> the 2.0.0.AM26 release.
>>
>> Don't expect me to be able to get all of them fixed, I'm just trying to
>> deal with the low hanging fruits, and there are many duplicates too.
> C'mon ;)

On its way ! Already 20 issues closed...

Ok, we are talking about 152 issues that are for 2.0.0 (I have ignored
all those who are postponed to 2.1.0 or 2.1.1).

I'm currently checking every one of them, and classifying them using the
'component' attribute in JIRA. 15 are related to installers, many to
replication or ACI, two parts that require some time and love we don't
have atm.

I'll try to have most of the critical issues fixed, at least those
related to installers and the backend (hopefully, all the issues that
are about a database corruption should be gone with the addition of the
transaction in the backend. Touch wood...)

I'll be MIA next week, at least partially, so don't expect me to be able
to dedicate a lot of time to these tasks. In any case, we will have to
cut a new LDAP API release following some of the patches in the API that
have been applied. Not really a big deal.

That's pretty much it for me !

Have a nice week-end !