Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Charlie Hull <ch...@opensourceconnections.com> on 2022/10/03 09:09:24 UTC

Solr Contributor Bootcamp announced to coincide with ApacheCon USA

Hi all,

Excited to announce a Solr Contributor Bootcamp! We've found an area of
Solr which we can break into small chunks of work and we're looking for
people who would like a gentle introduction to contributing to this open
source search engine. You'll be mentored by Eric Pugh and Jason
Gerlowski, both active Solr committers - take a look!
https://opensourceconnections.com/blog/2022/10/03/solr-contributor-bootcamp/

Eric is at ApacheCon USA in New Orleans this week if you'd like to have
a chat, or drop him an email.

Best

Charlie

--
Charlie Hull - Managing Consultant at OpenSource Connections Limited
Founding member of The Search Network <http://www.thesearchnetwork.com>

OpenSource Connections Europe GmbH | Pappelallee 78/79 | 10437 Berlin
Amtsgericht Charlottenburg | HRB 230712 B
Geschäftsführer: John M. Woodell | David E. Pugh
Finanzamt: Berlin Finanzamt für Körperschaften II

Re: Solr Contributor Bootcamp announced to coincide with ApacheCon USA

Posted by Jason Gerlowski <ge...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Thanks to everyone who made it out to the sessions yesterday.  Had
some great turnout and even better questions!

For anyone who wasn't able to attend (or who could attend but is
interested in reviewing the materials), the recording can be found
here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WllrLtUeBIE , and the slides can
be downloaded at the following address:
https://home.apache.org/~gerlowskija/contributing-to-solr.pptx

We're hoping to organize a few additional workshops and activities: if
you're interested make sure to subscribe to Solr's developer mailing
list as we plan on coordinating through that going forward.  Hope to
see you there!

Best,

Jason

Posted by Anakhe Ajayi <id...@gmail.com>.