Posted to dev@stdcxx.apache.org by Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com> on 2007/10/19 00:58:36 UTC

/VERSION linker option on Windows

Are we making use of it? If not, should we be?

   http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/h88b7dc8(VS.80).aspx

Martin

Re: /VERSION linker option on Windows

Posted by Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>.
For the archives:
I've opened https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STDCXX-610 for this.

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.

Posted by Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>.
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Farid Zaripov wrote:
>>
>>   But personally for me the version in the version info resource
>> would be more interesting. BTW there are more fields, i.e.
>> Copyright, Product Name, Company Name, Description, ...
>
>  From your answer, I presume it's no.

I don't know for 100% sure but I suspect you're right.

> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/apr/apr/trunk/libapr.rc
>
> would be a source example (ignoring the oodles of garbage microsoft
> typically fills .rc source files with.)

Thanks for the pointer! We should do something like this for
4.2.1 (not just for Windows, but other platforms as well).
Let's open an enhancement for it to help us remember.

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
Farid Zaripov wrote:

>   But personally for me the version in the version info resource
> would be more interesting. BTW there are more fields, i.e.
> Copyright, Product Name, Company Name, Description, ...

 From your answer, I presume it's no.

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/apr/apr/trunk/libapr.rc

would be a source example (ignoring the oodles of garbage microsoft
typically fills .rc source files with.)

> Are we making use of it? If not, should we be?
>
>    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/h88b7dc8(VS.80).aspx

  Why not? :)

  But personally for me the version in the version info resource
would be more interesting. BTW there are more fields, i.e.
Copyright, Product Name, Company Name, Description, ...

Farid.