Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Harry Putnam <re...@newsguy.com> on 2017/02/02 15:17:18 UTC

Turning pyzor off

I experimented with pyzor and set these in
/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf, after installing pyzor

   use_pyzor 1
   pyzor_path /usr/bin/pyzor

   pyzor_options --homedir /etc/spamassassin

I've since commented them out and discontinued the experiment.  I
assumed that would be the end of pyzor being called by SA but
apparently that is not enough.

I continue to see this in the logs:
  [...]

  Feb  1 08:05:12 d0 spamd[11919]: pyzor: [13320] error: TERMINATED,
  signal 15 (000f)

  Feb  1 08:05:19 d0 spamd[11919]: pyzor: [13354] error: TERMINATED,
  signal 15 (000f)

It's recurred when spamd is called during mail retrieval.

I've even gone so far as to uninstall pyzor

Can anyone offer some idea as to what is happening here?...
What else has to be done in order that SA quit trying to call pyzor?

Oh, and yes, I have restarted SA several times,

Re: Turning pyzor off

Posted by Axb <ax...@gmail.com>.
On 02/02/2017 04:17 PM, Harry Putnam wrote:
> I experimented with pyzor and set these in
> /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf, after installing pyzor
>
>    use_pyzor 1
>    pyzor_path /usr/bin/pyzor
>
>    pyzor_options --homedir /etc/spamassassin
>
> I've since commented them out and discontinued the experiment.  I
> assumed that would be the end of pyzor being called by SA but
> apparently that is not enough.
>
> I continue to see this in the logs:
>   [...]
>
>   Feb  1 08:05:12 d0 spamd[11919]: pyzor: [13320] error: TERMINATED,
>   signal 15 (000f)
>
>   Feb  1 08:05:19 d0 spamd[11919]: pyzor: [13354] error: TERMINATED,
>   signal 15 (000f)
>
> It's recurred when spamd is called during mail retrieval.
>
> I've even gone so far as to uninstall pyzor
>
> Can anyone offer some idea as to what is happening here?...
> What else has to be done in order that SA quit trying to call pyzor?
>
> Oh, and yes, I have restarted SA several times,

comment out the loadplugin directive in the relevant .pre file
(v310.pre)