Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by ke...@dice.com on 2001/02/26 15:45:14 UTC

Funky behavior involving perl-status....

Hello peoples,

I have an interesting little problem.  I have looked in the archives and not
been able to find anything.

Configuration:
	Mandrake Linux 7.2
	perl 5.6.0
	apache 1.3.14 - compiled from source with modules compiled
statically
	mod_rewrite
	mod_proxy
	mod_info
	mod_perl 1.24_01
	Embperl 1.3.0
	apache::status

httpd.conf doesn't contain any weird stuff that I can see.

Here is what happens:
	When I try to goto server.domain.com, I get the perl-status page,
even though there is an index.html.
	When I go to server.domain.com/index.html, I get what I expect.
	When I go to server.domain.com/perl-status, I get a 404, which I
would expect.

Any help appreciated,
Kevin Riggins
dice.com
phone: (515) 313-2127
email: kevinr@dice.com

Re: Funky behavior involving perl-status....

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
On Mon, 26 Feb 2001 kevinr@dice.com wrote:

> Hello peoples,
>
> I have an interesting little problem.  I have looked in the archives and not
> been able to find anything.
>
> Configuration:
> 	Mandrake Linux 7.2
> 	perl 5.6.0
> 	apache 1.3.14 - compiled from source with modules compiled
> statically
> 	mod_rewrite
> 	mod_proxy
> 	mod_info
> 	mod_perl 1.24_01
> 	Embperl 1.3.0
> 	apache::status
>
> httpd.conf doesn't contain any weird stuff that I can see.
>
> Here is what happens:
> 	When I try to goto server.domain.com, I get the perl-status page,
> even though there is an index.html.
> 	When I go to server.domain.com/index.html, I get what I expect.
> 	When I go to server.domain.com/perl-status, I get a 404, which I
> would expect.

Kevin, please read the SUPPORT file in the mod_perl distro. If you don't
give us more details about your configuration, how are we supposed to
guess what the problem is?

Anywya, you obviously have messed up the configuration file, try removing
all the extra config parts that you have added, and start adding them back
piece by piece, or alternatively read the documentation (I refer to Apache
documentation, not mod_perl)

mailto:stas@stason.org   http://apachetoday.com http://logilune.com/