Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by Christopher <ct...@apache.org> on 2018/10/15 17:15:44 UTC

[DRAFT][ANNOUNCE] Apache Accumulo 2.0.0-alpha-1

The Apache Accumulo project is pleased to announce the release of
Apache Accumulo 2.0.0-alpha-1! This *alpha* release is a preview for
2.0.0 and contains numerous feature enhancements and API changes.

While this version is *not* recommended for production use, it is made
available for feedback, testing, and evaluation. Please report any issues
you find to our issue tracker[1] or discuss on our dev email list[2].

***

Apache Accumulo® is a sorted, distributed key/value store that
provides robust, scalable data storage and retrieval. With
Apache Accumulo, users can store and manage large data sets
across a cluster. Accumulo uses Apache Hadoop's HDFS to store
its data and Apache ZooKeeper for consensus.

This version is now available in Maven Central, and at:
https://accumulo.apache.org/downloads/

The release notes for this alpha can be viewed at:
https://accumulo.apache.org/release/accumulo-2.0.0-alpha-1/

[1]: https://github.com/apache/accumulo
[2]: dev@accumulo.apache.org

--
The Apache Accumulo Team

Re: [DRAFT][ANNOUNCE] Apache Accumulo 2.0.0-alpha-1

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.
My intent was to send this email in a bit, but posted here first, just
in case anybody wants to look it over.
Not sure this alpha release should go to announce@apache, but maybe
just user@accumulo? Somebody could tweet also.

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.