Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Pasquale Congiusti <pa...@gmail.com> on 2019/08/16 09:05:10 UTC

[Bug] Context with comma

Hi folks,
while working on a spring boot app context which was provided a name with a
comma, I failed to start camel context because following error:

    Caused by: javax.management.MalformedObjectNameException: Could
not create ObjectName from:
org.apache.camel:context=test,,type=context,name="test,". Reason:
javax.management.MalformedObjectNameException: Invalid character ','
in key part of property

Going deep in the implementation I came to notice that when we create the
ObjectName we do quote the name but not the context. I've made some quick
test to confirm that by quoting also the context this is fixed:

https://github.com/apache/camel/compare/master...squakez:fix/object_name_context?expand=1

Notice that I just fixed one of the method, there are other ones that may
need to be quoted as well. However I am still uncertain if that is really a
bug or desired behavior and the deeper implication the change may have in
the rest of design. Please, have a look and let me know if proceeding to
file a Jira with the bug and I can keep working on its resolution.

Cheers,
Pasquale.

Re: [Bug] Context with comma

Posted by Pasquale Congiusti <pa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, I'll validate that against that set of chars instead.

Cheers,
Pasquale.

Re: [Bug] Context with comma

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.