Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by "Farr, Aaron" <Aa...@am.sony.com> on 2004/06/28 19:05:48 UTC

[magic] site transformations

I'm digging into the site transformation process and I'm having a little
trouble:

1. Which XSL pages actually perform the transformation?  I've tried editing
   ${user.home}/.magic/themes/modern/html/transform.xsl  but that doesn't
   seem to work.

2. For the navigation menu:  only links to local files in the same directory
   appear to be transformed properly.  Absolute links to external addresses
   or even relative links to documents outside of the directory (like
   ../download.html) do not seem to be transformed correctly.

Thoughts?

J. Aaron Farr
  SONY ELECTRONICS
  STP SYSTEMS
  (724) 696-7653

Re: [magic] site transformations

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
Farr, Aaron wrote:

> I'm digging into the site transformation process and I'm having a little
> trouble:
>
> 1. Which XSL pages actually perform the transformation?  I've tried editing
>    ${user.home}/.magic/themes/modern/html/transform.xsl  but that doesn't
>    seem to work.

transform.xsl does the content transformation, after the
nav-aggregation.xsl has created the necesary menu XML in the build tree.

> 2. For the navigation menu:  only links to local files in the same directory
>    appear to be transformed properly.  Absolute links to external addresses
>    or even relative links to documents outside of the directory (like
>    ../download.html) do not seem to be transformed correctly.

Are you sure you have checked-out the latest version? I am sure I have
fixed this ~ a week ago, perhaps a bit longer.

Today, I am meeting up with Greg Stein, Noel Bergman and some other
folks for dinner, but I can take a look at it again tomorrow evening.

Aaron, it would be good to have you around on ICQ.

Cheers
Niclas

Re: [magic] site transformations

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
Farr, Aaron wrote:

> I'm digging into the site transformation process and I'm having a little
> trouble:
>
> 1. Which XSL pages actually perform the transformation?  I've tried editing
>    ${user.home}/.magic/themes/modern/html/transform.xsl  but that doesn't
>    seem to work.
>
> 2. For the navigation menu:  only links to local files in the same directory
>    appear to be transformed properly.  Absolute links to external addresses
>    or even relative links to documents outside of the directory (like
>    ../download.html) do not seem to be transformed correctly.

Do you have something checked in that has this behaviour? The file
name please, and I'll start looking at it.

Niclas