Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Rui Zhang <Ru...@comlab.ox.ac.uk> on 2004/05/28 19:35:55 UTC

QoS in Axis? (Correction)

Sorry, confused the previous mail with the one sent to Tomcat List...

Corrected as follows...

----------
Hi all,

  Is there any infrastruture availabe (or at least any possiblities) in
Axis to tune the QoS (say, the time needed for a request to go through
Axis to reach the targetService) requests are receiving?

  For instance, is it possible to give differentiated treatments to
requests of various importance, by granting them different amount of
resources, queueing them differently, etc?

  I realise my questions might be a bit vague, as I don't have too much
insight about Axis. All I'm looking for are some knobs in Axis that we
can turn to affect its performance, either observed by different groups of
requests or by all the requests on a whole. If there are no such knobs at
all, would it be possible to amend the current Axis with it?

  Any advices (or at least what readings I should do to acquire that
knowledge) would be greatly appreciated.

  Thanks a lot.

Best regards,

Rui