Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Arpit Agarwal <aa...@hortonworks.com> on 2014/02/13 18:09:29 UTC

Fwd: umount bad disk

bcc'ed hadoop-user

Lei, perhaps hbase-user can help.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: lei liu <li...@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 1:04 AM
Subject: umount bad disk
To: user@hadoop.apache.org

I use HBase0.96 and CDH4.3.1.

I use Short-Circuit Local Read:

<property>
  <name>dfs.client.read.shortcircuit</name>
  <name>dfs.domain.socket.path</name>

When one disk is bad, because the RegionServer open some file on the
disk, so I don't run "umount", example:
sudo umount -f /disk10
umount2: Device or resource busy

umount: /disk10: device is busy
umount2: Device or resource busy
umount: /disk10: device is busy

I must stop RegionServer in order to run umount command.

How can don't stop RegionServer and delete the bad disk.

Thanks,

LiuLei

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Fwd: umount bad disk

Posted by Hiran Chaudhuri <hi...@amadeus.com>.
You may want to check this out:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/323146/how-to-close-a-file-descriptor-from-another-process-in-unix-systems

Hiran Chaudhuri
System Support Programmer / Analyst
Business Development (DB)
Hosting & Regional Services (BH)
Amadeus Data Processing GmbH
Berghamer Strasse 6
85435 Erding
T: +49-8122-43x3662
hiran.chaudhuri@amadeus.com
amadeus.com

From:   Arpit Agarwal <aa...@hortonworks.com>
To:     user@hbase.apache.org,
Date:   13/02/2014 18:10
Subject:        Fwd: umount bad disk

bcc'ed hadoop-user

Lei, perhaps hbase-user can help.

  <name>dfs.client.read.shortcircuit</name>
  <value>true</value>
</property>
<property>
  <name>dfs.domain.socket.path</name>
  <value>/home/hadoop/cdh4-dn-socket/dn_socket</value>
</property>

When one disk is bad, because the RegionServer open some file on the disk,

so I don't run "umount", example:
sudo umount -f /disk10
umount2: Device or resource busy

umount: /disk10: device is busy
umount2: Device or resource busy
umount: /disk10: device is busy

I must stop RegionServer in order to run umount command.

How can don't stop RegionServer and delete the bad disk.

Thanks,

LiuLei

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
NOTICE: This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity
to which it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential,

of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any printing, copying, dissemination, distribution, disclosure or
received this communication in error, please contact the sender
immediately and delete it from your system. Thank You.

IMPORTANT  -  CONFIDENTIALITY  NOTICE  - This e-mail is intended only for
the use of the individual or entity shown above as addressees. It may
contain information which is privileged, confidential or otherwise
protected from disclosure under applicable laws.  If the reader of this
transmission is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any dissemination, printing, distribution, copying, disclosure or the
taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this information is
strictly prohibited.  If you have received this transmission in error,
please immediately notify us by reply e-mail or using the address below
and delete the message and any attachments from your system.

Amadeus Data Processing GmbH
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Wolfgang Krips
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Erding
HR München 48 199
Berghamer Strasse 6
85435 Erding
Germany

Re: Fwd: umount bad disk

Posted by Hiran Chaudhuri <hi...@amadeus.com>.

From:   Arpit Agarwal <aa...@hortonworks.com>
To:     user@hbase.apache.org,
Date:   13/02/2014 18:10

Re: umount bad disk

Posted by Siddharth Tiwari <si...@live.com>.
Try doing unmount -l

Sent from my iPhone

Re: umount bad disk

Posted by Siddharth Tiwari <si...@live.com>.
Try doing unmount -l

Re: umount bad disk

Posted by Siddharth Tiwari <si...@live.com>.
Try doing unmount -l

Re: umount bad disk

Posted by Siddharth Tiwari <si...@live.com>.
Try doing unmount -l

Re: Fwd: umount bad disk

Posted by Hiran Chaudhuri <hi...@amadeus.com>.

From:   Arpit Agarwal <aa...@hortonworks.com>
To:     user@hbase.apache.org,
Date:   13/02/2014 18:10

Re: Fwd: umount bad disk

Posted by Hiran Chaudhuri <hi...@amadeus.com>.

From:   Arpit Agarwal <aa...@hortonworks.com>
To:     user@hbase.apache.org,
Date:   13/02/2014 18:10

Re: Fwd: umount bad disk

Posted by Hiran Chaudhuri <hi...@amadeus.com>.

From:   Arpit Agarwal <aa...@hortonworks.com>
To:     user@hbase.apache.org,
Date:   13/02/2014 18:10

Re: umount bad disk

Posted by Brandon Freeman <br...@explorys.com>.
LiuLei,

Using your example you can run  umount -l /disk10 ( Lower case L ) on the disk and it will lazy dismount and will not wait for a disconnect.

Thanks,

---
Brandon Freeman
System Engineer